• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Swix LF6 or LF7

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
I may go to Breck/Keystone area in about week and looks like temp will be form 14 to 30.
What is best to use SWIX LF6 or LF7?

Karl B

USSA L100
Skier
Rule of thumb says to go with the colder wax when temps are borderline. I would go with the LF6.

Karl

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
I may go to Breck/Keystone area in about week and looks like temp will be form 14 to 30.
What is best to use SWIX LF6 or LF7?
Race Zoom New Snow.

TS
Marin

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
Curious as to why you'd use LF if you're not racing. Seems CH would work just as well for recreational skiing.

And yes, the rule of thumb is to err on the side of colder wax.
I Want to try to see difference between regular and LF, And I ski fast .
Last time I measure speed at my GS turns it was around 55mph :ogbiggrin:.
Snowinn has very good price for LF, $30 for 180g. or $11 for 60g about ame price as CH here .

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A friend ordered wax from Snowinn-I want to see how his experience is before I order from them-yes the prices are great. I ski fast too, but I still won't use LF or HF on recreational skis-I'll beat my friends to the lift in most cases anyway! ogsmile

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've ordered betamix from snowinn and went fine.
If you search here you'll find a couple threads on snowinn experience. I think the overall response is they're fine, it is just based in spain, so it will take 2weeks to get to you, But I also don't think anyone bought anything that required a return or refund or actually a stress test the customer service. I wouldn't shop from there the same way I do at the local REI for example.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't be surprised if the LF takes longer to go through customs.

Corgski

Getting off the lift
Skier
Curious as to why you'd use LF if you're not racing. Seems CH would work just as well for recreational skiing.
I think it was @KingGrump who suggested that using a mid temperature LF wax was almost as good in wet conditions as a non-fluoro warm wax. If that is the case, the LF wax could give one a much wider effective temperature range. For normal winter conditions I am using Swix BP77 exclusively, it would be nice if a LF wax could enable me to continue with a single wax strategy as spring approaches.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I think it was @KingGrump who suggested that using a mid temperature LF wax was almost as good in wet conditions as a non-fluoro warm wax. If that is the case, the LF wax could give one a much wider effective temperature range. For normal winter conditions I am using Swix BP77 exclusively, it would be nice if a LF wax could enable me to continue with a single wax strategy as spring approaches.

Definitely wasn't me. I change wax with the season. Mostly Swix.
Dec to Feb - BP88, CH4, CH6
March - BP88, LF8
April & May, BP99, F4 Warm, LF10, HF10.

TS
Marin

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
A friend ordered wax from Snowinn-I want to see how his experience is before I order from them-yes the prices are great. I ski fast too, but I still won't use LF or HF on recreational skis-I'll beat my friends to the lift in most cases anyway! ogsmile
I will let you know as well for WAX.
In November last year I got Poles form them for my kids, super cheap like $12 pair ( Head and Fischer) and they arrive in little over 2 weeks.

I do not think Fischer RC4 Curv GT are recreational skis, This is why I want to try LF wax.

Last edited:

Corgski

Getting off the lift
Skier
Definitely wasn't me. I change wax with the season. Mostly Swix.
Dec to Feb - BP88, CH4, CH6
March - BP88, LF8
April & May, BP99, F4 Warm, LF10, HF10.
Oops sorry, wrong regular. It was a while back so I will never work out who said it now. Thanks for your seasonal strategy, does seem to answer the question why one might want fluoro.

I don't mind seasonal waxing, would like to avoid a wax of the day approach during the transitional period when skiing sometimes frozen, sometimes wet. Will try a LF for this next month, outside of spring conditions not sure I would ever bother with fluoro.

Sponsor

Staff online