• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Switching between Camber and Rocker skis - advice needed

SpokaneSteve

Booting up
Skier
Hello all:

Yesterday I skied about 24" of fresh powder - it was pretty epic! I borrowed by friends Volkle 108s. They appear to be a fully rockered ski without any traditional camber at all.

In the powder they were quick and floaty.

On the groomed/chopped up sections it seemed like I had to finish my turns with more steering than I was used to or they would just kind of wallow through the middle of the turn.

I would really appreciate advice to help me understand how the properly ski a rockered ski when it isn't in deeper powder. If I can understand what is happening that will really help me (I think....)

Thoughts, comments and advice appreciated!

Thanks, Steve.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Do you have video of you skiing? on any ski in any condition? Also what do you normally ski on?(say binding as well what binding were on the Volkl 108s as well)

I have owned several full rockered skis and soft packed snow they always seems fine carving with really no change in technique, on hard snow assuming the rocker/sidecut profile can engage fully it take more commitment with edge angles than normal.

Sponsor

Staff online