• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

For Sale SVST "Final Cut" 1.5 degree base bevel guide, unused

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Have two of them. Don't need both. This one has NEVER been used. My name is written on the side in Sharpie, otherwise it's untouched. They sell everywhere for $75, which is what I paid {plus the shipping}.

How about $55, shipped? PayPal works for me. PM me with questions and to work out details. Thanks! IMG_6800.JPG IMG_6801.jpg IMG_6802.jpg

Last edited:
TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
Bumping this, particularly since we've had some tuning discussion here on Pugski, including increasing base bevels to 1.5 and 2 degrees.

This is the right tool to set a 1.5 degree bevel. The best!

PM me with any questions. Thanks!

MS

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^

Well, actually ... I have this horrifying thing that I do... Mea culpa.

When my edges are really dinged up, I will make one or two EXTREMELY LIGHT passes down the base edge with a stone, at a slightly over-beveled angle, to make sure I get the burr.

Last edited:
TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
Now if this was 0.5 maybe, but 1.5, what do you think Pugskiers are? Rail riders?:rolleyes:

Thanks for the assist with selling it. HaHa!

Actually, this was purchased by mistake as we ALREADY HAD TWO at the time! Our tuning stuff is under control these days, in three states, but there was a time when we had a bit too much stuff. I've recently come across some extras...

And yes we have multiple Final Cuts: .5, .7, and 1 degree. The tool is the best made for this purpose, IME.

This model was very useful for some special work on speed skis. REAL speed skis, like WC experienced skis, later used by a couple of skiers ranked in the top 5 in the country

I thought you'd know that! Base is a LOT faster than edge, and basic turn movements in DH are not the same as in SL/GS....a "bit longer" transition. Maybe even a stivot, like MS used to win her first SG. She wasn't doing that on any .7 base bevel!

I even know some people who use these for the tips and tails on powder skis......their preference.

So, yes. at half price, unused, I thought somebody might want it!

Anybody? Offers? Trades?

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
On a serious note, for those that don’t know, second to @ScotsSkier, @Muleski is the a great source for equipment (yes, I’ve bought liners years ago) just not the volume. But when things are offered they are as described and worth every penny.

Those that do ski DH don’t miss this deal (sadly I don’t have DH skis or a place to run them, not to mention some age grown wisdom is starting to kick in questioning the sanity at crashing at that speed ogwink as it starts hurting in the morning).

Hey I just as trying to attract the Park Rat group.

Last edited:
TS
Muleski

Muleski

Inactive
HaHa! Thanks.

OK......on a more serious a realistic note:

1. Some folks do variable base bevels on speed skis. NOT just DH, but SG.

2. For kicks, I texted a friend who is a very well known pro big mountain and largely a powder skier. Lots of films, magazine shoots, etc. He told me that almost ALL of his powder skis are tuned at 2 degrees on the base, and 2 degrees on the edge. Everything that is more that about 110mm wide. Those around 100mm, which he skis when he wants to be deeper in the snow, 1.5 on the base. "Absolutely....they're the bomb. started doing that after talking with ......and.......who were doing it."

3. We have a friend who is a full time year round heli guide. His comment was that he'd take the tool if he didn't already have two 1.5's and two 2.0's.

So. I "think" there are some uses for the tool. Actually I know.

Hope somebody can use it. I HATE to "unload" ski stuff on eBay, but I also can't just keep as much stuff as we have accumulated, and are not using.

Need to dig out some more treasures!!