• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sunscreen for Face

James

Out There
Instructor
How much time do you spend with eyes shut to get burned?
What about baby sunscreen? Prob doesn't sting eyes.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
How much time do you spend with eyes shut to get burned?
Really, the only time I'm not wearing good eye gear is when I am in the water .....usually at the beach or in a pool. I'm also rubbing my eyes a lot when the salt/chlorine is stinging.

How often does skin cancer start around the eyes anyway?

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
This is past season, I always would put conditioner/sunscreen on my face. I soon learned not to put it near my eyes or on the forehead as the solvents would evaporate and remain trapped in the goggles, causing a burning sensation n my eyes. Strange, but, I can't remember this happening before.

TS
VickieH

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier

I tend to look at baby products when I'm shopping for stuff for my skin. Often, the ingredients are purer and gentler.

I almost bought the Badger Sport Sunscreen, but opted instead for Elemental Herbs All Good Unscented Sunstick (SPF 30) because it's a stick and will be easier to carry and reapply on the slopes. Found it in Whole Foods. EWG rates it at "1", but indicates there is Limited Data. I will try it one evening this week when I'll be within arm's reach of mirrors and soap and water, just in case.

Here's a good reference for sunscreens for kids. Includes a number of products rated "1" by the EWG.

Last edited:

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been using these guys for years now, no nonsense or crazy ingredients........ their motto is treat these lotions and salves like food.......... Their sunscreens work w/o making me break out and their lotions are the best I've ever tried. They are a small co out of New Mexico so they know Sun!

Sun Screen: http://supersalve.com/salves2.html#sunsalve

Lotion (this stuff is Heaven!) : Calendula Flower is the one I use: http://supersalve.com/hand-body-lotions.html#calendulaflowerhandbodylotion

I just got mine and tried the Sun Salve yesterday. It's great! none of the icky-sticky kabuki of all zinc and no sting in eyes. the Calendula salve it good for winter-dry nose too. Thank you!! Had to do it since it's made in Mogollon. It's in southwestern NM and like being in a time-warp. highly recommend a visit there.

Sponsor