• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Sunday River Instructor Recommendations

johnnyevil

Booting up
Skier
Good afternoon guys. Looking for instructor recommendations for Sunday River. My girlfriend and I are going to be there for three days over the Christmas weekend. She blew out her knee a year and a half ago, and basically figures that it's time to relearn to ski (she's gotten back on them as of Sunday, but hasnt take a good lesson in probably 20 years).

She was comfortably skiing blues with good form, and could safely get down black, and double black trails in the North East without much issue, but not gracefully.

For myself, I'm an advanced skier, looking to really refine my form, and get better at moguls, and more comfortable when it gets really icy. I love skiing moguls, and off-piste, and the only place I have been where I didn't feel comfortable skiing every marked trail on the mountain was Revelstoke (seriously, Kill the Banker looks insane).

Captain Furious

A ticking time bomb of fury
Skier
Ask for a guy whose first name is Bill. I cannot recall his last name, however this guy is awesome. He's a Vietnam vet so that should be able to narrow it down for the folks at the ski school. Tell Bill that Bill Bly says hello. I got a lesson from him last week that really helped jumpstart my season. I'm always trying to get a lesson or two on the private side in early season so I can get back to midseason form that much more quickly. He was phenomenal. FYI, my recommendation would be to do a 3-hour lesson with him. You can learn a hell of a lot in 3 hours with this guy. Good luck.

Bill

Captain Furious

A ticking time bomb of fury
Skier
One other thing about Bill the ski instructor is that he is a PSIA level 3 instructor. The guy really knows his stuff.

Bill

Bill Corrigan

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Thank you
Bill

Thanks for your kind words. I had a great time skiing with you. You were really receptive to the ideas I was throwing st you. That doesn't always happen.

I want to correct one thing though. I was a Combat Medic in a National Guard unit during The Vietnam War but didn't actually serve in Vietnam.

Thanks

Bill Corrigan

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Bill

Thanks for your kind words. I had a great time skiing with you. You were really receptive to the ideas I was throwing st you. That doesn't always happen.

I want to correct one thing though. I was a Combat Medic in a National Guard unit during The Vietnam War but didn't actually serve in Vietnam.

Thanks

Bill Corrigan
Welcome to the site, @Bill Corrigan

TS
johnnyevil

johnnyevil

Booting up
Skier
Bill

Thanks

Bill Corrigan
Bill,

You were one of the best instructors I've skied with. If I managed to get back up to Sunday River before the end of this season, I'm going to ask for you for a private lesson.

I was just at Sugarbush this weekend, and I was trying to commit more to my carving turns. I think I was able to go further into them, but my friends are all snowboarders, so all they see is me going even faster than before. Hahah.