• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Sunday River Deal

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The prices are more like $50 to $80. Still a steal. We paid window rates for four days over one of the March storms and it set us back big time. Thank you IKON.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The skiing was badass and the people were the friendliest besides maybe Utah.

I haven't got around Bethel much and since we were staying with my parents and siblings we just chilled out at the house we rented most of the time. My wife and I checked out the Matterhorn which is a pretty cool bar. I'd say that the extra-skiing activities are at least average for New England which isn't saying a heck of a lot.

Others turn their nose up at Sunday River but anyone who says its all groomed hasn't been there after 3 feet of snow. They must be remembering the day when they were twenty-two and skied 2 of the front five at Stowe and then got shilacked at the bar and almost picked up a woman (I like Stowe a lot too btw).

MonkeyL

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
How's Sunday River for kids (other things to do?) and how is it in early March?
As far as ski towns go, it's not bad. Plenty of restaurant options. There's a movie theatre. Depending on the weekend, the mountain sometimes has events at night with fireworks, and night skiing.

Novaloafah

Should've paid attention to that lesson.
Skier
Interesting Boyne just did a similar lodging ticket deal for 48 hrs for SL 2 days ago. I'm hoping they do the Canadian 6 pack offer again like last year. I took friends there last year during the March Miracle and it was a blast.
I went to SR with some friends who weren't ski everyday all day folk (blasphemy I know) and they liked Bethel well enough. There's lots of skiing for all levels and when it dumps there's a lot more potential that I couldn't get on. For that pricing, a good time shall be had.

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
How's Sunday River for kids (other things to do?) and how is it in early March?

I remember going to Sunday River as a kid and loving it. I went back for a weekend this winter for the first time in years and loved it. Huge diversity of terrain, including some awesome glades. Personally, I love how spread out it is: you can optimize where you ski to avoid lines, and the size almost makes it feel like a Western resort (not in vertical, but in number of pods and trails). Early March is close to the best conditions you'll find. Their snow-making capabilities are excellent, and they're in the process of upgrading them to make them even better.

Sponsor

Staff online