• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC Sunday powder at Crystal Mountain

gski

Booting up
Skier
Made a last-minute decision to head to Crystal Mountain Sunday, meet up with new friends, and tolerate a late-season spring day. Prospects seemed dicey on the drive as it was raining in Seattle, Auburn, Enumclaw, and along 410 though turned wonderfully to large flakes on Crystal Mountain boulevard. Arrived around 8:45 and parking wasn't bad.

The forecast turned out to be right and that meant about a foot of fresh and more snow all day! *pow* pow!

Avalanche control was in full force at the start and upper lifts were closed until 10am. Heavy snow on first ride down toward the Green Valley lift and as the day continued and snow continued, things got good. Really good! A couple more hours of bliss w/good visibility, a soft yet edgeable and pushable top coat, and even some sun as the snow continued to fall.

I'm dreaming of starting early next season and am grateful to have had one more wonderful day. I hope you're all doing well!

- gski

VXcmqMFNSfCAQ3ETkPNdjA.jpg 2WWFWtjkSKCWtjLoYmpHXA.jpg WNz88UnVS0228gxO+La5Qg.jpg

Last edited:
TS
gski

gski

Booting up
Skier
It'd be awesome if someone could move this over to Trip Reports. Oops! :daffy:

John O

Getting off the lift
Skier
Nice pics!

I agree about the avi control, I think that was actually the most bombs I've heard all season. They were clearly worried about the stability over the frozen layer from the rain. That said, if you stayed on the upper mountain, it was a surprisingly good day. Green Valley and Chair 6 held the best snow, but for April, I have no complaints at all.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid