• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Codger

Booting up
Skier
is February historically a good month to ski sun valley? Are conditions usually winter like or spring? Is rain a serious consideration? Thanks for your help

TS
Codger

Codger

Booting up
Skier
is February historically a good month to ski sun valley? Are conditions usually winter like or spring? Is rain a serious consideration? Thanks for your help
Are flights to hailey reliable that time of year?

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Only been to Sun Valley once, last year in February. But no worries about rain, bad weather, airport closings, etc. then. Historically and interestingly, the original decision to build Sun Valley was consideration of scenery and good weather -- not quantity of snow. It's got the lowest avg. snowfall and biggest snowmaking apparatus of almost any resort west of the Mississippi. As the local cliche goes, "they call it Sun Valley, not Snow Valley, for a reason."

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Skied there Sunday. Pistes are in very good condition, side country not so much. Decent snows are expected in the next few days and that will be good. In all likelihood you are going to ski groomers.
Being February it is winter. You will probably have sun and in the 20's to low 30's. It can get cold there but that is the exception. From the private jets at the Hailey airport and condition of the runway access is not a problem.

Only one real suggestion; BRING MORE MONEY.

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
February is probably the best month. Rain very unlikely, but no guarantees. Flights should be fairly reliable, but, again, no guarantees.

When I used to come here on vacation, I would fly to Boise and rent a car. Combination of weather, number of stops to get here, and cost.

ella_g

Getting off the lift
Skier
@Codger we were at sun valley last feb and will be there this feb too. It’s motto was originally “winter sports under summer sun.” True to form when we were there the weather was great. And man do they know how to host a ski race! We drove so I have no idea re the airport, but I’d imagine it’s pretty reliable. If you don’t want to fly into Hailey the drive from Boise is under 3 hrs.