• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Setreal

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
First off, I'm very happy to see so many people who made it over here from EpicSki while also bummed that Vail or whoever shut EpicSkidown and didn't let the content be archived or (more realistically) sold to someone else. So much information and resources lost...just like that. Poof! At least Tony Crocker's website is still up! /Endrant

My sister is heading out to Colorado the week of November 12th and staying a few days in Breckenridge. She was thinking about looking into ski lessons for her 5 year old son who has never skied before. Will any of the resorts be offering lessons for kiddos that week? If so, any recommendations on the best one? I know things can be crowded and crazy when the resorts first open on mostly manmade snow so maybe it's not a good environment for a first timer? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
Group lessons start at Loveland on the 17th. She could arrange for a private lesson before then, but it will be much more expensive. Also, I wouldn't do it on a Friday or weekend as the terrain is very limited and the crowds are large. I doubt that there will be beginner terrain open at Copper or Breckenridge.

Mike

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Breck ski school will be up and running. You can schedule online or call to verify. They answer phones all year round.

TS
S

Setreal

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Breck ski school will be up and running. You can schedule online or call to verify. They answer phones all year round.

Thanks! Any idea if Breck usually has any beginner runs or a bunny hill open that early?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Thanks! Any idea if Breck usually has any beginner runs or a bunny hill open that early?

Well, they start with only runs on Peak 8. I'm not sure beyond that - but call ski school! They don't bite! 970-453-3272

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
Yes I'd call the ski school. When I worked there, the beginner terrain did not open until later in the season.

It looks like A-Basin is attempting to get their beginner terrain open -- you ought to call them, and Loveland, as well.

Mike