• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Summer traffic in ski towns

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I was pretty envious of the Krates back in the day. While they were popular I had a Raleigh 3-speed that I rode like the mt. bikes to come.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
I had a Schwinn 3-speed. Our routine was: take shortcut over dirt piles in vacant lot; go home and remove goatheads and patch innertube. Do it again the next day.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
On the subject of summer traffic in ski towns - Crested Butte last Sunday was pretty easy to navigate. Not that much traffic on the streets, even with the crowds at the downtown street fair. It's been like that in past summers when we were there, too, not real crowded. I haven't had the opportunity to be there in the winter yet, though. Still trying to work that into my schedule.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was pretty envious of the Krates back in the day. While they were popular I had a Raleigh 3-speed that I rode like the mt. bikes to come.
A Chopper?
3+2%20sb.jpg

Second best cool to a Krate, Stingray was 3rd, Fastback, maybe 4th.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yup, that's exactly the demographic who was riding those, all right.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
@Doug Briggs where did you see the traffic improvements in Breck? I didn't notice anything different.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January