• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
While I have my cleat system for accessing the skis during the season and when they have binding on them but sometimes I run out of room or I have skis that either have yet to be mounted or are decommissioned. For the summer time I do not need access to all of the skis either. So I decided I need another solution to "store" skis yet still have access to them and they not take up floor or wall space.

I had an older verson of this on a side wall where I was storing one straight skis and skis that were destined to be "shotzski's" but it was tough getting skis and out of the rack expecially with binding plates on them. So with the leftover peice of wire shelving I started playing with solutions. I found if I take out every two wires on one end it would be easier to slide them in and if I left the wires on on the other end the skis would not rock for and aft. I do have these a bit far apart for skis under 170cm, so when I do the next verson, I will bring them closer together.
full

full

full

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
Could it be that you have too many skis? You may need an addition on your house if you keep all the skis. Good luck!

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Could it be that you have too many skis? You may need an addition on your house if you keep all the skis. Good luck!

Sounds like you need to convert a bed room into official storage. ( if you have one. :) )

Jacques

Skier
Shut your $*#@ mouth. :P

I only kinda feel your pain. Between my wife and I, I have like 20 pairs to maintain. Most were used when I got them though.
I wonder if you skied each pair 5 days a season, could you even ride them all?
Anyway, keep up the good work and surely you will need a museum, or more space! :beercheer:

Jacques

Skier
Sounds like you need to convert a bed room into official storage. ( if you have one. :) )

He's out of space! Going for the ceiling. I have that problem with the onesies. Way too many.
Industry folks always seem to have a ski problem. Maybe he needs to ride rails and destroy some of them. Urban and concrete skiing could help him out too.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I think the solution is elegant. And there is no such thing as too many. Just more than will fit.

I hang skis on the ceiling.. It's a toss up to whether it would be better to store them flat, like Phil or with the bindings on as they are now.

Sponsor

Staff online