• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Summer Olympics

Karen_skier2.0

AKA - RX2SKI
Skier
Yup. I stand by my previous statement. Everything he did implies that he's extremely stoopid for his age. Solo has hit the news a ton for bigger issues and scary stuff. I wish them both well going forward.

I keep hearing comparisons about Lochte's incident and Phelps' drunk driving issues from a few years ago. While the DD issues are not to be taken lightly, Phelps did it outside of his "olympic" experience and atoned for his issues. By all accounts, he's moved on, has a family and has matured a ton.
Lochte still has some maturing to do.

*I say, "by all accounts" because none of us really know. Ya know?

He also went to rehab.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

James

Out There
Instructor
I mean..what kind of stupidity is it? Low IQ stupidity? Or jack-ass stupidity.. :huh:
No modifiers needed.
3 years ago he was unfazed by the haters of his reality show.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/ryan-lochte-reality-show-swimmer-unfazed-reality-show-19039737

It's hard not to make fun of him when he says things like,"I'm a lot different then any other kind of Olympian. I mean there's so much more to me than swimming..."

That and his subsequent comments had these news anchors in hysterics. The woman hurts her back she's laughing so hard.

image.jpg

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
So Katie Ledecky went to a baseball game... Bryce Harper held the medals.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Expectation is the mother of disappointment. Perhaps we glorify a little too much?

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Expectation is the mother of disappointment. Perhaps we glorify a little too much?

It's a good point. They are human..with all the good and bad that goes along with it. I try to keep some perspective at times like this by reflecting upon the illustrious times of my youth.. :D Let he who is without sin cast the first stone and all that crap..

Sponsor