• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Summer heat getting you down? we hit the 30's last night

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
just like a convection oven? looks like 116 tomorrow in Tuscan.
69058932_2350526974983445_2561727402543677440_o.jpg.jpeg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
We're supposed to get down the to 50's, for the first time in a long time, tomorrow night and Saturday night. And highs will be in the 70's... first sign of autumn!

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We normally get into the 50s at night, and I love it, but I see 10 days ahead of low 60s at night. Blech. Summer lasts a long time here.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It appears the roofers busted my a/c yesterday. A 97* day. Never did get my condo cooled off last night and I barely slept because of it. Tonight is better but it was cooler today. Not looking forward to being back in the 90s this weekend and I don’t have time to deal with it until next week. Sigh.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I tend to wake up in the summer and enjoy a cup of coffee on the patio while I check my emails.
This morning I was actually thinking...I could use a sweatshirt.
As a point of reference, when we finished our mt bike ride yesterday it was 91ºF.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
High here today was 29.5, sign that summer won't last too much longer (I hope)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hilary Bond posted this on FB.
Snowed up high just now
69179559_2607075542644602_3735191258985922560_o.jpg

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
NYC hit 92˚F this afternoon. Rebuilding the front suspension components in Andrew's car out in the sun is like a combo of hot yoga and weight training. No need to hit the gym for a while. It's one of those "what doesn't kill you will make you stronger" kind of day.
Suppose to break tonight and go down to the 70's tomorrow. Can't await.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm excited for this heat to break. been sleeping with the bedroom a/c on the past few days. Southern Vermont is going to get down to 45 Sunday night, too bad we'll be back in CT where the low will be 62. I'm really over taking cool showers. I have a pretty vast collection of hoodies and I can't wait to start wearing them. Regular season football starts in 14 days and fall is in 32 days.. Killington has the countdown to snow making set for October 1st which is 40 days away...................... Hanging on............................................

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
We had mid-60’s and rain yesterday.
Today sunny and low 70’s.
Next week mid 70’s to low 80’s, maybe up to 85.

Nice weather overall, but trending the wrong way.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
NYC hit 92˚F this afternoon. Rebuilding the front suspension components in Andrew's car out in the sun is like a combo of hot yoga and weight training. No need to hit the gym for a while. It's one of those "what doesn't kill you will make you stronger" kind of day.
Suppose to break tonight and go down to the 70's tomorrow. Can't await.

Need to get you a better garage for working on the car.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Nah, no need. Don’t do this often enough to bother. Was original scheduled for tomorrow when things cool down. An old family friend passed away and screwed the weekend schedule. I know, how inconsiderate.

A little adversity is good for the soul. It keeps the body from going soft. Old age is bad enough already. Some people pay big bucks for bikes and gym memberships for the exercise and abuse. I figured might as well get some work done while I am at it. Anyway, this is nothing compared to when I used to run roofing crews.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January