• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sad news out of Mammoth. :(

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
It may have been mentioned, but there is a gripping piece in the current SKI Magazine as well. Sad stuff.

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
Suicide is overwhelmingly a white male thing, with Native Americans coming in next. Geographically, that computes. But chicken or egg?

I would question this assumption/ conclusion- Sovereign Nation status exempts reporting requirements of on reservation health issues, including suicides, skewing the accuracy of any statistics. The depressingly high AI/AN rate, (last numbers I read 130%+ compared to white woman and 70%+ as compared to white men), may also be a driver for the consistent high rates among western states. Some of the western reservations are the most depressing crapholes you will ever see, with rampant abuse issues of all kinds that are accepted by the populace as just the way it is. An aside; Always thought it was the wind in Wyoming that drove folks over the edge.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My feeling is it uncertainty in ones future, though a little issue it is the final straw that it pushes. The big items are easy we see them, feel them, deal with them.....uncertainty there is no limit, size and most importantly dealing with it as there is no definition to it. It just is.

Sponsor

Staff online