• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Suggestions for ski bag repair!

L&AirC

PSIA Instructor and USSA Coach
Skier
HI Skiers,

Last year, my ski bag fell victim to AA baggage handlers at Philly. One end of the bag has tears and gouging in the canvas. The location of the damage makes getting a patch in place via an iron difficult. Would it be worthwhile to visit an alterations/sewing shop to see what they can do with it? Are there irons designed to get into tight places to apply patches? Besides patching what might be another means of repair?

Thanks!!

G

image.png

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I agree with above. I just went to the hardware store and used a roll of gorilla tape when I got some airline damage. I thought the marketting and extra $2 was worth it to better than regular duck/duct tape. (Also if you ever have observed standard duck/duct used, you do see the adhesive and cloth start to rot after some time. It is common knowledge that you actually never should use duck/duct tape on actual ducts for this reason).

If you have small fingers or if your bag is unpadded, you can tape it from both sides, and it should be good to go.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
oh another tip for adhesive patches, is to use sharp scissors to cleanly round off the corners before sticking it on; especially on the outside patch. This will greatly reduce the chance that it will peel off.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Canvas lady on Rt4 in Rutland fixes most of my ripped, torn or just plain worn out stuff. She will not touch anything that has been duct taped as it clogs her sewing needles.

drewski

Putting on skis
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
on the east coast you can try , THE FIXERY 80 Mott Ave Inwood NY 11096
516-371-6622 theyare a luggage repair company