• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Suggestion on binding for spouse

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi,

deciding between fixed or demo binding:

picked up a Fisher KOA ski(s) for my spouse over the summer, plan on having em mounted for this season and while I'm pretty sure the direction I'll go, thought to seek input.

I have two pair of bindings, both are essentially the same being a Look PX10 Fixed and Look PX12 demo.

Look PX10:
  • 2lb 7.8 oz each (toe-heel)
  • sits lower
  • adjusts only on heel
Look PX12 demo:
  • 3lb 5.7 oz (~14 oz more) each (toe-heel-rail)
  • higher sitting
  • adjusts toe and heel

In terms of either, the primary reason of choosing the rail demo binding is it would allow her to adjust forward and rearward center to play around for conditions or fine tuning. also as well as allow our kids to use them. However too, the difference in boot plate length isn't so great as to not allow adj on the fixed for fitting the kids (well, college and high schooler) boots, just minor shift forward (their boots roughly within 10mm plate, worst case)

Also, the demo puts her up a bit which I believe theory wise gives her a bit more leverage on the edge .. but the fixed at 14oz less offers less weight, though swing weight is not really affected.

Anyhow, thoughts?

ps, I ponder too if going on the fixed, to use the toe of the demo as it has a bit better toe (?) with a slider on the ball verses just a friction pad on the PX10.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Fixed for sure between these two. Women tend to be more sensitive to ski/binding weight than guys, the lighter the better without going to a junior binding although most 10 DIN bindings share construction with junior counterparts. Personally I like a friction pad over a slider, it is a more solid interface. As far as adjustability, these bindings have have more than 10mm for adjustment range.

TS
pete

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Fixed for sure between these two. Women tend to be more sensitive to ski/binding weight than guys, the lighter the better without going to a junior binding although most 10 DIN bindings share construction with junior counterparts. Personally I like a friction pad over a slider, it is a more solid interface. As far as adjustability, these bindings have have more than 10mm for adjustment range.

Sounds good. after laying the two atop the skis and comparing, my intent was with the fixed binding but wished to cover bases in case a more learned expert input was available.

Thanks Phil!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Man-o-man this is such a good thread title for a witty answer.
Suggestions on bindng for spouse?
My husband isn't a fan of it when I put him in a bind.
:roflmao:

Glad you got your real answer. Hope this made you chuckle a little bit.

Last edited:
TS
pete

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

yikes, I may as well start writing headlines for news stories.

yeah, retrospect I can see a 50 Shades of Gray derailment ...

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier

Restraint was exercised to avoid offending any legally protected class or violating any socially accepted norm.
And no emoticons were harmed. :crutches:

TS
pete

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Restraint was exercised to avoid offending any legally protected class or violating any socially accepted norm.
And no emoticons were harmed. :crutches:

I love politically correct, hence being first in nation primaries to cast support to the temperate Mr Trump ... :0

My other thought was --

Bindings are not that expensive. If it's a good spouse, it doesn't sound like a fair trade.

well, least wise I have decent insurance on my beloved ... but a "cheap" binding may be better odds than winning the lottery :rolleyes:

Sponsor

Staff online