• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Sugarbush trees question

ksampson3

Giving 80% effort 100% of the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be up there next week and I was wondering what the best trees to ski are. I've been there before but conditions were so thin that everything off trail was closed. Actually, a bunch of trails that were open should have been closed, too. But I digress.

Sooooo, where are the best places to ski single black and/or blue tree runs? I've skiied a ton of trees out west, but I'm not looking for any super tight trees, if possible. Also, how are the conditions in the trees? It appears that they've gotten a fair amount of snow this year?

Thanks much

TSQURD

Booting up
Skier
The trees at SB are actually never open nor closed, risk management is up to the individual. Also, the trees aren’t rated green/blue/black, but the neighboring runs can give you an idea of how steep. As far as easier trees, Deeper Sleeper off of Gate House or Eden on the Valley House side are both pretty open with a mellow grade.

Conditions have been really good, but there’s still rocks/stumps/obstacles, so one needs to be on the lookout.

Sponsor