• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Sugarbush is being sold to Alterra

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Stratton is one of those places people love to hate. Don't understand it. But it is what it is.

I know you guys think the vibe is all wrong. I don't blame you. But you guys should really give it another try. I tell ya, they did something great to fix this vibe thing. They segregated and relocate all the undesirables to a separate build adjacent to the main lodge. So you guys don't have to deal with them in the lodge. In fact, they went as far as providing a separate lane in the lift corral for those guys to minimize their interaction with the normal paying patrons. They are trying hard to fix this vibe thing.
So come on back and give Stratton another shot. I guarantee you'll like it. :D

Full disclosure:
It has been home since the '70's. Except for 8 seasons when we skied Killington with a pass few years back. Still fits like an old shoe.
Will be skiing there early season, Dec & probably part of Jan. Depending on snow. Give me a shout if any want to make a few turns together. :beercheer:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We do have some stratton spillover at Bromley and have a drinking game we like to play. It's called spot a strattonite, take a drink.

Seriously I'm hoping to have an ikon pass next season because I wouldn't mindmind checking out sratton during the week.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Will be skiing there early season, Dec & probably part of Jan. Depending on snow. Give me a shout if any want to make a few turns together. :beercheer:
I may be there on December 13th and 14th... I'll be in New England, but it will be work dependent. Hopefully we'll make some turns!

Reactions: mdf

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I may be there on December 13th and 14th... I'll be in New England, but it will be work dependent. Hopefully we'll make some turns!
Hmmm... Dec 13 is one of my every-other-Friday-off days. (Today was too, but I spent half of it at work.) I have to be back by dinnertime Sunday for my brother-in-laws birthday.

Dave, how many people do you think you could collect for a Stratton micro-Gathering in a month?
:roflmao:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Dave, how many people do you think you could collect for a Stratton micro-Gathering in a month?

Well so far if you come and I make it we've got at least 4 so I'm guessing we could get to 8 or 10. I'd start a thread, but I'm still iffy even though I've booked it.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Add 3 for the Grumps.

Codger

Booting up
Skier
Just received an email from win smith sugarbush bought by alterra. He claims independent areas can’t compete with multi resort companies

Sponsor

Staff online