• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
@James how is your recovery going?
Thx for asking. Different world after first 4 days.
Pretty good now. Well amaxing since it happened. That was bad. It's sort of at normal. Maybe. There's still a little pain sometimes, really mot much. Maybe I took some ibuprofen yesterdsy but just once and only like 400mg. Have not skied since. Will be 3 weeks this fri.

Flexibility is prob not there in general. Should prob start stretching now.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Thx for asking. Different world after first 4 days.
Pretty good now. Well amaxing since it happened. That was bad. It's sort of at normal. Maybe. There's still a little pain sometimes, really mot much. Maybe I took some ibuprofen yesterdsy but just once and only like 400mg. Have not skied since. Will be 3 weeks this fri.

Flexibility is prob not there in general. Should prob start stretching now.
Hey James,

Just catching up on this thread, but symptoms you describe are identical to what I had two summers ago when I slipped a disc. It would be worth seeing a doctor and maybe doing some PT if warranted to correct whatever caused this. In my case I was not hinging properly at the hips and that was what caused my issues. Slipped discs can be operated on but will heal on their own, the PT just helps ensure that it does not become a recurring problem.

Again this was my personal experience, you may have something different so worth getting it looked at.

TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
Hey James,

Just catching up on this thread, but symptoms you describe are identical to what I had two summers ago when I slipped a disc. It would be worth seeing a doctor and maybe doing some PT if warranted to correct whatever caused this. In my case I was not hinging properly at the hips and that was what caused my issues. Slipped discs can be operated on but will heal on their own, the PT just helps ensure that it does not become a recurring problem.

Again this was my personal experience, you may have something different so worth getting it looked at.
Yeah thanks. I prob spoke too soon. I think there's low level pain I sort of ignore. Took some Ibuprfen again today. There's still something hurting down low in the spine.
But, compared to 2 1/2 weeks ago, it's good. But, it needs checking out.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
When I slipped a disc it took about 6-8 weeks to fully recover and then 6 months of PT to change my bio-mechanics so it did not happen again. First 3-4 weeks were not good. Ice, Advil, massage and dry needling helped. If it becomes chronic they can operate but that just buys you time for PT

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
9B1F61ED-7B5D-49D6-8F35-671E91A9B338.jpeg

This is some of the disc material the doc removed from the last surgery.
A calcified chunk pressing against the nerve will get your attention.
I waited too long to get surgery and wasted much of the last 5 months.
So much for the conservative approach.
Lesson learned. But I’m a slow learner.
It only took a couple of months of PT, two courses of oral steroids, three epidural injections, and three discectomy surgeries.

Sponsor

Staff online