• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Subaru Ascent 7 Passenger Concept (actually Preview)

LegacyGT

Putting on skis
Skier
The Atlas and Ascent are certainly the newest entries in the class so I guess that explains the comparisons here. Still, shopping this segment, I'd want to cast a wider net. If size is a priority then you want to look at the Traverse (solid room for 7 or 8 plus decent cargo space). If driving dynamics is a priority then you want to look at the CX-9 (more engaging to drive than anything in the segment and some more expensive cars as well). If the latest tech is a priority you probably want to look at whichever car has been the most recently updated which I believe would be the newly revised Pilot. If you want your crossover with a little more truck in it you want to look the Durango. Beyond that, the class has really been reverting to the mean as the latest entries and updates are shooting for the average rather than distinguishing themselves...this is certainly the case with the Atlas and Ascent.

Zrxman01

Out on the slopes
Skier
B7834E91-4433-4BF6-8B8D-6D8BFFC0AB6A.jpeg
I recently had an “Audi intervention” as my SO convinced me to give up my fascination with all things VW / Audi. That and my A6 just hit 225k.
I put too many miles on my vehicle and needed something roomy!
A new Q7 was top of my list but out of my $$$ range. I drove the Mazda CX-9, the Toyota Highlander, the VW Alltrack and Atlas. I ended up with the Ascent.
I was able to get it equipped just the way I wanted at the price I wanted to pay. 1,000 miles in two weeks so far. Killington in two weeks here we come!!!!

Sponsor

Staff online