• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Who’s basing out of Stratton for the 2020 season? With Ikon, we expect to be there a bunch more.

What’s the local Beta?

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have an Ikon pass next year and that is usually the place we go on getaway Sundays to take an hour off the ride home.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Used all 5 of my Ikon days at Stratton this year. Really kind of sitting back and seeing what shakes out with the Camelback (which is our "home bump") to KSL rumor. Renewed my Ikon base but may have to upgrade which would make Stratton unlimited for us.

Stratton didn't fair as well as some others further north but we still enjoy the place. Have spent at least one weekend at the Black Bear Lodge the past 3 seasons which is a really nice place. I know their village takes a little bit of a beating but we've found it nice to stroll shop and dine there. Kind of reminds me a little bit of Copper's village. One thing is for sure and that is the new Snow Bowl Quad is a huge improvement. Some great glade runs when the trees are in play. IMG_0035.JPG

Handlebars

Booting up
Skier
Was my home mountain the last couple of years, but I went epic this year for something different. Saturday’s are best avoided, but Sundays are usually a lot less busy and usually when I skied. Main base is best avoided even on Sundays use the sun bowl to park whenever it’s open, and ski off of the sun bowl or snow bowl lifts during peak times. If you do have to use the main base, get there a little before 830 to sneak into the parking garage, otherwise you’re stuck out in one of the other parking lots and taking a shuttle bus. Best trees are off kidderbrook and off the snow bowl, the central mountain woods get skied off very quickly. Not much steep terrain, but the grooming is consistent and surfaces aren’t usually that bad, even after rain events. I skied killington and Stratton back to back a few times this winter and alway preferred the surface quality at Stratton.

Sponsor

Staff online