• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

STORMRIDER 88 - 2016 MODEL

Jovica

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi guys,

I come across an amazing deal - Stockli SR88 177cm with Marker Griffon 13 ID bindings.
I will use ski as my second ski (Laser CX) for days with softer snow, tree skiing, moguls, some powder, spring skiing.

East Coast skier (Ontario,Quebec,Vermont) 50 year old, 6'-2" 200 lbs - 47th. year of skiing, racing long time ago. Very aggressive with 2 kids in competitive racing, I ski a lot.

I know it's old model now but I am still interested. How does this ski compare to last 2 and newest model?

I can't try ski so I am looking for any info, suggestions , reviews.

Thank you,

1603917232307.png

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
The version in your picture has essentially been my daily driver for the past four seasons for skiing in Vermont (mostly Stowe).

There are certainly easier skis in the "bumps and trees" conditions that you mention, but if you know what you're doing (and it sounds like you do) they work great.

I'm like 6'2", 180 and ski the 177 length. I've had mine in everything from blue ice to boot-top deep powder.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Tell you what.. If you don't want them, let me know where they are and I'll take them!! :golfclap:

TS
J

Jovica

Skier
The version in your picture has essentially been my daily driver for the past four seasons for skiing in Vermont (mostly Stowe).

There are certainly easier skis in the "bumps and trees" conditions that you mention, but if you know what you're doing (and it sounds like you do) they work great.

I'm like 6'2", 180 and ski the 177 length. I've had mine in everything from blue ice to boot-top deep powder.
it looks like I should go for it, they are 3 times cheaper that latest model

TS
J

Jovica

Skier
Tell you what.. If you don't want them, let me know where they are and I'll take them!! :golfclap:
If I pass I will let you know but probably will take them, they must be great ski and not so much different from newer models

Last edited:

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
plus all Stocklis are amazing skis
Get them!! They’ll be nice and SMOOTH, plus if you‘re an aggressive skier, you’ll get a lot out of them.
I’m more of a finesse skier but I find mine compliant when I want to fiddle around and powerful when I step on the gas. Mine are from 2016 or 2017.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January