• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How did I not know about this?
An innovative concert movie for the rock group The Talking Heads.

So, we're talking about Talking Heads and Phil says, "Stop Making Sense is awesome."
So, we look it up on the Apple TV and find out that its available with Amazon Prime.
So, we start watching it.
So, you if you like Talking Heads at all, and have Amazon Prime, you need to see this.

Edit: I see its on Youtube in its full version as well.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I was watching this in a theater when it first came out. The audience kept yelling "louder!".
Eventually, the projectionist stopped the movie, came out and stood in front of the screen, and said,
"Listen you jerks, it is already ALL THE WAY UP."

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey @Tricia ... thanks,

this is great

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How did I not know about this?
An innovative concert movie for the rock group The Talking Heads.

So, we're talking about Talking Heads and Phil says, "Stop Making Sense is awesome."
So, we look it up on the Apple TV and find out that its available with Amazon Prime.
So, we start watching it.
So, you if you like Talking Heads at all, and have Amazon Prime, you need to see this.

Edit: I see its on Youtube in its full version as well.

So, how did you not know about this?

I saw them during the tour that was filmed for this movie. Great show in a medium sized venue. Tina Weymouth’s family lived nearby and were sitting a couple of rows in front of us - her sisters ran on stage for a small Tom Tom Club set in the middle of the show.

gwasson

Mid Atlantic banana belt dweller
Skier
Good timing @Tricia! I'm going to see David Byrne perform tomorrow night :beercheer:

You will love the show. Very different from other concerts I've seen. David said it is the most ambitious show he has done since Stop Making Sense.

BTW, I got to see Talking Heads twice back in the day. Once on the "Name of this Band is Talking Heads" tour, in Austin Texas, and once on the Stop Making Sense tour in Maryland. Two of my all time favorite shows.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I never had a chance to see the Talking Heads, but I was listening to the radio in California when David Byrne (a surprise to the rest of the members) announced the band's breakup.

He is an amazing performer! I have have seen him in concert maybe 4 times over the years and will again at the end of the summer.

Sponsor