• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Stolen K2 Mindbender 108Ti 186cm--FOUND

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am sad to say that four pairs of K2 Mindbender 108Ti's were stolen from the recent Mammoth demo. These are all 186cm lengths and are mounted with Marker Griffon demo bindings.
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 5.54.34 PM.png
The skis have the following markings:

VS1 108 186 (marking above the front binding)
VS2 108 186 (marking above the front binding)
NC5 108 186 (marking under the sole between bindings)
NC6 108 186 (marking under the sole between bindings)

If found or seen for sale, please PM me ASAP.

Before the jokes start, yes these skis are that hot. #findbender

REWARD: FREE PAIR OF NEW MINDBENDERS, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hope they turn up soon! I'll keep my eyes open on CL.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Skied with someone at Blue Knob PA once, locked mine, both were out out of sight for 30 sec while we were in
the bathroom. His stolen. strange thing was he was not worried as he had umbrella insurance.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
:nono:

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you are out there....bring them to a local shop...say you found them on the side of the road...collect a new pair of Mindbenders to ski (or don't)...live with yourself that you eventually did the right thing.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'll keep an eye on ebay in case they are that dumb

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Random thought: Is there any chance somebody from the Demo Shop thought they belonged there and took them in there? Its a reach, and I realize that the shop might not even carry K2. But it such a brazen and evil thing to do, I keep asking myself if there is any way for it to be a legit mistake. And that is the only thing I can come up with.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Random thought: Is there any chance somebody from the Demo Shop thought they belonged there and took them in there? Its a reach, and I realize that the shop might not even carry K2. But it such a brazen and evil thing to do, I keep asking myself if there is any way for it to be a legit mistake. And that is the only thing I can come up with.
But 4 pair?

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
But 4 pair?

That's actually why I was wondering about the Demo Center. I don't know where you had them and that could completely cancel this idea out. But I can see an employee seeing all of those identical skis and thinking the only way that 4 pair of the same ski are likely to exist altogether is from the Demo Center. And then "putting them away." I realize its a stretch! Just trying to think of a logical explanation other than "unrepentant scumbag". And it was all I could come up with. That, or alien abduction.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
The last time my skis were stolen, the private club put them away in their locked closest for me......

:(

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I am sad to say that four pairs of K2 Mindbender 108Ti's were stolen from the recent Mammoth demo. These are all 186cm lengths and are mounted with Marker Griffon demo bindings.
The skis have the following markings:

VS1 108 186 (marking above the front binding)
VS2 108 186 (marking above the front binding)
NC5 108 186 (marking under the sole between bindings)
NC6 108 186 (marking under the sole between bindings)

If found or seen for sale, please PM me ASAP.

Before the jokes start, yes these skis are that hot. #findbender

REWARD: FREE PAIR OF NEW MINDBENDERS, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

How were they stolen? Were they on a ski rack at the base? from the tent? from a locked vehicle? Lodge?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How were they stolen? Were they on a ski rack at the base? from the tent? from a locked vehicle? Lodge?
I am not sure they know. My guess is when they got back and did inventory because the the K2 guys were pretty adament in getting ID..when I usually can walk up get what I need without providing a card.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am not sure they know. My guess is when they got back and did inventory because the the K2 guys were pretty adament in getting ID..when I usually can walk up get what I need without providing a card.
I rarely have to give a rep my card because they all know me, but I agree, even Kevin, who knows me really really well said he had to take my card, which I didn't mind giving to him. That's why we have demo cards.

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Any thought about a sting operation? A few well placed WTB posts in various forums? Long shot I know but it sounds like this was a financially motivated act not a “ I have to have a pair” type of thing. Dunno, sorry about the loss lot of shady folks out there.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
They are all so long that it seems less like a "I want those skis" snatching thing and more like either an organized heist with someone with experience taking a QUANTITY of skis or some employee of some place thinking the skis were theirs and taking them along with fifty others. And, with the yellow, they are pretty showy. Are there any yellow skis out there that these don't stick out and call attention to themselves? So, someone who that doesn't worry. Either comfortable with stolen skis or convinced that they own them.

Sponsor

Staff online