• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

For Sale Stockli Stormrider VXL (179cm)

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
For sale are a lightly used pair of Stockli Stormrider VXL skis in 179cm length. Published sidecut is 21.2m (126 - 87 - 111). Asking price is $250 + actual shipping to your destination.

Holiday Special Bump: $150 + shipping !

The VXL was one of those skis that really put Stockli on the map for me. I couldn't believe a ski could be so quiet on the snow, yet provide so much power and edge hold. These are just absolutely unflappable at speed (at least for me). According to my tracking, this pair only has 10 days on them. They originally had Tyrolia carve plates installed on them (that's the hole pattern you'll find). If you want the carve plates on them again, I'll mount them and include them at no additional cost. There is very little damage on these skis and look practically new. I just started preferring deeper sidecuts and stopped skiing them.

20191020_175307397_iOS.jpg 20191020_175311837_iOS.jpg 20191020_175316078_iOS.jpg 20191020_175331917_iOS.jpg 20191020_175336091_iOS.jpg

Last edited:

applecart

Getting on the lift
Skier
Would a common binding like a Tyrolia Attack be easy to add? I'm looking for a ski for a friend: male 6'4", 210, intermediate but athletic skier.

James

Out There
Instructor
I remember skiing that with a Vist plate on it at Big Sky. Total tank. Blew through just about anything. Loved it. We used to argue over who got to ski it.
I put a core shot in it skiing powder and veering over to an untracked ridge.
A classic. The only thing questionable is the graphics of the time.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Would a common binding like a Tyrolia Attack be easy to add? I'm looking for a ski for a friend: male 6'4", 210, intermediate but athletic skier.

Should be trivial.

That said, not really a great fit for a big intermediate - the front end is too stiff and carvey to float well for someone that size and the 'suspension' is very sporty. Also, that ski really *did* ski better with a lifter plate like OP talks about. He used the 9mm 2-piece rigid plastic Tyrolia plate, and that plate comes with a selection of pre-marked generic Tyrolia mounting points, but I've never seen one with Attacks on it.

If you are looking for a fat front side ski, then this ski is unbelievable. For all mountain, even the Zag heli golds in the other thread would offer more terrain versatility.

applecart

Getting on the lift
Skier
Thanks! He's skiing on some very old Salomon Screams. I'm trying to find some inexpensive used skis for him so that his carving comes easier (he's never had a lesson and that is next!) I don't think the Screams are the best ski for him. He's not a GS bomber.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Ooof, going from Screams to these will be like going from a felt boot to a hockey skate. Definitely not recommended.

You're right, most Screams are horrible as a learning-carving platform - with a very few exceptions like the Scream/Crossmax W12.

From this seller, the Elan 888s or the Heads would be a better fit.

TS
Noodler

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I remember skiing that with a Vist plate on it at Big Sky. Total tank. Blew through just about anything. Loved it. We used to argue over who got to ski it.
I put a core shot in it skiing powder and veering over to an untracked ridge.
A classic. The only thing questionable is the graphics of the time.

You don't know how close I've come to putting the plate back on these skis, slapping on some bindings, and doing just what you said; spending a day just blowing through everything in my way. That is the perfect description of what I remember of these skis. So much power for a Stormrider. This was before Stockli started "dumbing down" (and I say that facetiously) the Stormrider series. It's just a big bad a$$ wide GS ski.

Sponsor

Staff online