• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

David Orr

Getting off the lift
Skier
Thinking of adding a pair of Stockli SL's @165 cm OR adding BOTH the Atomic Redster S9 @ 165m AND the Atomic Redster X9 WB @ 168cm

I demoed both the Atomics this past year. Loved the s9 for learning to carve short radius turns and holding an edge on icy/frozen man-made granular in the Southeast. Also, was very impressed with the X9 WB for a "Crud" Ski when the temperature changed to Softer/Slushy Conditions.

Have not demoed the Stockli SL's, but was wondering if they would be a "blend" of both Atomics.

Currently skiing Head World Cup Rebels i.speed @ 175cm 17m Radius.

Your thoughts would be welcomed!

Karl B

USSA L100
Skier
If you are willing to buy two pair, I would suggest getting the Atomic S9 for your hardpack short radius turns. For your soft/slushy/crud conditions I would go with the Atomic Vantage 86 Ti in a 173 length. It will hold an edge extremely well yet drive thru the slushy crud like you can't believe. It also has a touch of tip rocker that helps it to float. I bought the Vantage just for those conditions as every thing else I owned was less than 70mm underfoot and I love them. One day late in February we had a 42 or 43F sunny day with corn conditions and I loaned them to the captain of my high school team to go free ski. He didn't want to give them back at the end of the day.

Last edited:
TS
David Orr

David Orr

Getting off the lift
Skier
If you are willing to buy two pair, I would suggest getting the Atomic S9 for your hardpack short radius turns. For your soft/slushy/crud conditions I would go with the Atomic Vantage 86 Ti in a 173 length. It will hold an edge extremely well yet drive thru the slushy crud like you can't believe. It also has a touch of tip rocker that helps it to float. I bought the Vantage just for those conditions as every thing else I owned was less than 70mm underfoot and I love them. One day late in February we had a 42 or 43F sunny day with corn conditions and I loaned them to the captain of my high school team to go free ski. He didn't want to give them back at the end of the day.
Thank you very much for your quick response Karl B.

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
The Stockli SL will not combine the S9 and X9 WB. Closest thing to do that would be a Stockli SC or AX. You could also go with the SL and add an AX or AR for your crud busting ski.

Since you already have an i.Speed, another option is to add a Rebel i.Race or Supershape i.Speed for your short turn carver, then maybe a Monster 83, Monster 88, or i.Titan for crud.

TS
David Orr

David Orr

Getting off the lift
Skier
The Stockli SL will not combine the S9 and X9 WB. Closest thing to do that would be a Stockli SC or AX. You could also go with the SL and add an AX or AR for your crud busting ski.

Since you already have an i.Speed, another option is to add a Rebel i.Race or Supershape i.Speed for your short turn carver, then maybe a Monster 83, Monster 88, or i.Titan for crud.
Thanks Doc!

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
The X9 WB also comes in an X9i red graphic with caruba wood so it is lighter and snappier than the regular green graphic. I have this ski, don’t have too many days on it, but it is snappy and energetic.

TS
David Orr

David Orr

Getting off the lift
Skier
The X9 WB also comes in an X9i red graphic with caruba wood so it is lighter and snappier than the regular green graphic. I have this ski, don’t have too many days on it, but it is snappy and energetic.
Are those X9i only available in Europe?

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
Are those X9i only available in Europe?
I don't think so. I believe they were originally designed for Japanese market (like the other I-series). But I know an Atomic-sponsored HS ski coach in Minnesota with them, so I don't believe they would be supplying athletes with models not available in the market. I could be wrong though.

TS
David Orr

David Orr

Getting off the lift
Skier
I don't think so. I believe they were originally designed for Japanese market (like the other I-series). But I know an Atomic-sponsored HS ski coach in Minnesota with them, so I don't believe they would be supplying athletes with models not available in the market. I could be wrong though.
Gotcha

Sponsor

Staff online