• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Stöckli skis are amazing, and I just didn't like how my new Laser AX skis felt. They were flat, and the edges looked good, but the structure was surprisingly coarse and the skis ran kind'a skittery. Tommy at Big Mountain Tuning at Ski Valet in Vail did a great job (across from Moe's BBQ, another recommendation--no, the BBQ sauce doesn't replace wax). The skis performed wonderfully after his magic touch. Now they're ready for a re-do. Next week I'll let Alpine Pro at Whistler (upper village) fix them up...my favorite tuning shop in this region.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Stöckli skis are amazing, and I just didn't like how my new Laser AX skis felt. They were flat, and the edges looked good, but the structure was surprisingly coarse and the skis ran kind'a skittery. Tommy at Big Mountain Tuning at Ski Valet in Vail did a great job (across from Moe's BBQ, another recommendation--no, the BBQ sauce doesn't replace wax). The skis performed wonderfully after his magic touch. Now they're ready for a re-do. Next week I'll let Alpine Pro at Whistler (upper village) fix them up...my favorite tuning shop in this region.
Just a thought but shouldn't yoy/we use the same shop for consistancy? Especially since they may all have their bevels set differently.

Sponsor

Staff online