• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Stockli Laser SX, What Size?

Kuconi

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi greetings to all, decided to buy Stockli Laser SX, have seen only nice things sad about ski everywhere , have read most threads here considering Stockli SX/AX and it was big help on making decision which one to choose finally.

Dilemma i have is about size, which size is best for me, if i buy classic slalom ski would buy 165 size , but i m bit confused about this ski being some kind of mix between slalom and gs? and all that, and have read few places most people have this skis like 170+.
Also have read Laser Ax size? thread. For instance would you advice guy already having AX to buy SX in same size or to go shorter size with SX?

i am leaning to 170, 163 seems bit shorter considering what i have read about ski, and 177 seems bit too long. I am interested what u guys think ?

Info about me:

Advanced level skier
6.2 height
220 lbs
Like to mix in some GS turns among SL as well
Planing to use this ski in hard groomers back home and Alps

Would like to snatch the ski tomorrow online maybe to use the black friday discount so some opinions asap would been greatly apreciated, thanks in advance, cheers :)

James

Out There
Instructor
At least the 170. It’s kind if up to you if you want to go 177. At your height/weight it’s certainly not too long.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm close to your size (2" shorter) and I have the SC in 170. For the SX I'd probably go longer, and get the 177.

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
I ski the non-FIS SX at 177 with a plate. I'm 6', 190#. Very happy with the setup. I do have a separate SL ski. As you mentioned, the SX has an in between radius but still relatively small.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Just based on your size and weight, no shorter than 170 and if you are thinking of speed the 177 may be a better choice.

TS
K

Kuconi

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Tnx for the answers guys, with your help and thinking/researching a little more i favor now 177 SX for increased speed and stability and also 177 will add more versatility i think from other pure SL ski i plan to add to my rooster then 170 would.

Sponsor