• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Kite Pilot

Putting on skis
Skier
Stockli Laser AX 175cm, excellent condition, 123/78/110, radius 15.8m, 2015/16 model $1149 msrp + $250 bindings + $1399 new, asking $585 plus shipping. Top rated high performance frontside ski. I'm located in the Denver/Grand Lake area.

TVW0394.jpg

v4wHywV.jpg

9lppmYN.jpg

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
What boot sole length are they mounted for?

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I skied one run on @cosmoliu 's pair last year and loved them. I'm pretty sure they were the 160-something length.
My first reaction is to want the 18x length, but that is probably me being silly and buying the same ski over and over.
@James , is this what you had in mind when you told me I should get something narrower?

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
They are mounted for a 306mm boot length, 26.5 size, thanks.

No, that would be a remount.
So I'm guessing 321 would be a remount also.
Phil, school me on remounts if you would be so kind... is that enough offset to move the bindings, or would I need to get something else with a non-conflicting hole pattern? Thx.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So I'm guessing 321 would be a remount also.
Phil, school me on remounts if you would be so kind... is that enough offset to move the bindings, or would I need to get something else with a non-conflicting hole pattern? Thx.
Actually, the easiest/safest remount to do is the same binding because the holes are a constant distance apart. You want at least 1cm between holes.

TS
Kite Pilot

Kite Pilot

Putting on skis
Skier
Would that fit a 283 BSL? @Philpug

Edit - What are the bevels set to, and how many times have they been ground?

Magi, they have never been ground and bevels are still at the factory setting. I used these as an early season groomer ski and then switch to my SR 95's. I also have a pair of 2016/17 Laser AX that I am now using so no need for two pairs. I see you're from Winter Park, I have a house in Grand Lake and I could bring them up for you to look at next time I go there, probably next week. Otherwise I'm in Arvada in case you're around there sometime.

Last edited:

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow that is a sweet deal !
I assume your 2016/2017 are the newer yellow coloured ones.
Do you notice much difference between the old vs newer ones ?

- Andy

Sponsor

Staff online