• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold Stockli Laser AX 175 17/18 model

James

Out There
Instructor
I finally skied this length (although I think a different model year ). Great ski, way friendlier than the 183.
Well Scott is tuning your 183 to 0.5 base! Nice and friendly.

Last edited:

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well Scott os tuning your 183 to 0.5 base! Nice and friendly.

I wonder what @Choucas has his skis tuned to? If these are carvers, I can't imagine using a 1.5 deg base bevel that the skis have on them now. I expect a much more responsive ski performance for my 183's. I also decided to put a Tyrolia powerrail binding set up on the ski. Long story, but I took the toe and heels off of my Fischer Curv DTX's and if I order a new powerrail (just the rail part) I can re-use them on the Laser AX. They are fully adjustable with just a lever, and the holes don't conflict with the existing holes. Plus the best part is the day glow yellow on the bindings match the skis color. It will definitely help me ski better. Or at the very least be found easier if buried in an avalanche.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I wonder what @Choucas has his skis tuned to? If these are carvers, I can't imagine using a 1.5 deg base bevel that the skis have on them now. I expect a much more responsive ski performance for my 183's. I also decided to put a Tyrolia powerrail binding set up on the ski. Long story, but I took the toe and heels off of my Fischer Curv DTX's and if I order a new powerrail (just the rail part) I can re-use them on the Laser AX. They are fully adjustable with just a lever, and the holes don't conflict with the existing holes. Plus the best part is the day glow yellow on the bindings match the skis color. It will definitely help me ski better. Or at the very least be found easier if buried in an avalanche.
The OP states that they are tuned to a 1/3 when he started the thread.

TS
Choucas

Choucas

Getting off the lift
Skier
Yes, 1/3. Feels just right to me. Can’t see having more base bevel. Have never tried more than that and don’t plan to try.

ProLeisure

We are all snow leopards.
Skier
Just giving a shoutout to arguably one of the best skis I’ve ever skied. I have the same model year, same length, same bindings, (306 bsl) and the same 1/3 bevel tune.

I don’t ski them everyday, but smile every time I click into them. I have a nice, varied collection of skis, but I believe the Laser AXs will always have a spot in my quiver.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just giving a shoutout to arguably one of the best skis I’ve ever skied. I have the same model year, same length, same bindings, (306 bsl) and the same 1/3 bevel tune.

I don’t ski them everyday, but smile every time I click into them. I have a nice, varied collection of skis, but I believe the Laser AXs will always have a spot in my quiver.

Yes got to agree, had them in up to 4” of fresh and preformed wonderful. Took me a little time to appreciate but now when I switch out for another pair I always long for the AX. Just a great east coast one ski quiver.

Sponsor