• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Stockli factory bevel?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Factory tends to be 1/2, but it can be inconsistent.
Maybe someone who has purchased several Stockli's over the past few years can give more in depth info.

TS
Jeffc7

Jeffc7

Booting up
Skier
Factory tends to be 1/2, but it can be inconsistent.
Maybe someone who has purchased several Stockli's over the past few years can give more in depth info.
Yes, I assumed 1/2, but wanted to make sure before I put file to edge.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Factory is supposed to be 2/1 across their line, even on their race skis, but always a good idea to confirm.

James

Out There
Instructor
Factory is supposed to be 2/1 across their line, even on their race skis, but always a good idea to confirm.
No one over 12 yrs old would use a 2 deg side on a race ski.
People... stop with this factory bevel obsession. It's whatever you want.
It's amazing to me that people have no problem moving their bindings from the recommended line, but edge bevels need to be what the factory put on there.

Also, base/side is the nomenclature. I would write the words though if giving to a shop just to be clear.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For what it's worth, I ski the AX and have a 3 on side and am thinking of going to 2. Very much more of a carver with the 3, it is a caring machine. But I don't mind skidding a turn either. They do at 3 but not quite as smooth as I would like, they want to engage.

Also ski the 88s and prefer at 3 over the 2 on them. Very different skis at least to me I love both

QueueCT

Getting off the lift
Skier
For what it's worth, I ski the AX and have a 3 on side and am thinking of going to 2. Very much more of a carver with the 3, it is a caring machine. But I don't mind skidding a turn either. They do at 3 but not quite as smooth as I would like, they want to engage.

Also ski the 88s and prefer at 3 over the 2 on them. Very different skis at least to me I love both

If you like a 2 deg side bevel, go for it. But it doesn't matter what the manufacturer sets.

No one over 12 yrs old would use a 2 deg side on a race ski.

Yup, my 10 yo daughters are on a 3 deg side edge. No issue at all.

James

Out There
Instructor
In the early 2000's, when everyone was now going to shaped skis, it took quite awhile for knowledge to spread and to establish the new normal. Even what length ski? My niece at the time came back from the shop with a ski ,for a 10 yr old, like 8-10 inches over her head. We had to get her something shorter. That ski ended up being used for like 10 yrs as a free ski and rock ski. She loved it.

I used to argue with one shop. A good shop actually. They routinely put 2 deg base bevels on the kids skis. "So they can get them out from under their feet and out to the side" I wanted 1 deg. Since I didn't trust them not to "do us a favor", we just got them ground flat. Honestly, there was a period when few knew what the hell to do with any of this stuff.

TS
Jeffc7

Jeffc7

Booting up
Skier
If you like a 2 deg side bevel, go for it. But it doesn't matter what the manufacturer sets.

I like the way the skis ski right out of the plastic so I figure I don't need to mess around with finding the right bevel. All of my other skis are 1/2 and wanted to confirm.

bjohansson

Putting on skis
Skier
I know this is an old thread but I just looked up the factory edge bevels from Stoeckli's site and found:
SkiBase
Bevel
Side
Bevel
Laser WRT ST
Laser GS
Laser SL
Laser SC
Laser SC Orea
Laser MX
Laser CX
Laser SX