• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I did it, I pulled the trigger. The question I have is about length. I'm 6'1" 185. I've heard from some they ski long, others have said they ski short.

I want to be able to open it up on these skis but part of my motivation for getting them is skiing bumps. I have 2015 Mantras in 184 that I enjoy in the bumps but there are times that length gets pushed around. So I'm trying to balance stability/carving and bumps/playfulness.

I also race and train on Stokli GS >23 185 and Atomic Redster SL 165.

Thoughts?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
And some say they ski juuuuust right. I am in the camp that they ski just right. You didn't say, what size did you get, the 178 or 184?

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ I have a couple of days to decide between the 175 and 183 or until the pro stock gets distributed.

What do you think Phil?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
^^^ I have a couple of days to decide between the 175 and 183 or until the pro stock gets distributed.

What do you think Phil?

At your size I would say the 183 is the right size for you. Funny, @Ron and I were just talking about the AX this morning. It is a fantastic ski and with a huge sweet spot. I referred to it as meatloaf but made with kobe beef, a frontside ski for everyone but made with some of the best materials on earth.

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
At your size I would say the 183 is the right size for you. Funny, @Ron and I were just talking about the AX this morning. It is a fantastic ski and with a huge sweet spot. I referred to it as meatloaf but made with kobe beef, a frontside ski for everyone but made with some of the best materials on earth.
Well...I'm a Kobe beef fan for sure...ground or otherwise. Thanks...think I'll go with the 183-s.

Sponsor

Staff online