• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Still riding'.... road and gravel

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I picked up some nice winter gear an I'm hoping to extend my riding until its time for the skis and fat bike but in the mean time, still riding as my hip permits, Temps were really nice, low 40's to about 50. Th earlier ride was heavy overcast, both days brisk heads winds regardless of the direction :) Had 2 really nice rides this week. I have discovered some beautiful mixed routes with a few miles of gravel mixed in here., Here's a couple from yesterday. this is in the south valley through some really nice horse country. Roads here are mostly hard packed dirt and gravel with some washboard and divots. A mix of rolling hills with some nasty 12-14% climbs but I really do enjoy them.

fullsizeoutput_84a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_849.jpeg

Last edited:

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I didn't take any pictures on my ride today, but I rode a little over 30 miles in 19mph winds. Loved the tailwinds, fought the headwinds, and the crosswinds are just a PITA (and scary at times).
Those roads look great, @Ron!

Reactions: Ron
TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
our gravel roads are for the most part, in really good shape. BUT 19 MPH wind??? pain-fest.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
@Ron, which bike are you out riding on those roads? Looks like a lovely day there. I am heading out for a road ride today at the sunny Oregon Coast so maybe I will take some pics and post up later.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
BUT 19 MPH wind??? pain-fest.
But no hills. I'd rather have hills... I only rode today because I took two bikes up to Tahoe this week, was there for two days, and did not ride at all. Disappointing!

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
@Jwrags Moots Routt. Gotta support the home team. :). Made right up the road from me. Hand crafted Ti, NOX composite Citico Wheels on CK R45 hubs,, Compass Bon Jon ultra light Tires. Going to upgrade to Etap next spring. After riding all summer with the Etap on my Emonda, its just so nice and I have to remember how to shift on each bike LOL.

fullsizeoutput_7bd.jpeg

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
But no hills. I'd rather have hills... I only rode today because I took two bikes up to Tahoe this week, was there for two days, and did not ride at all. Disappointing!

I'll gladly climb over 19 mph head and cross winds

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Went out for a ride today while "working" at the coast. What a beautiful day! Pretty windy but an unusually warm wind for the Oregon coast. Below are pics from my little ride today. Amazing weather for October.

IMG_2341.jpg

IMG_2343.jpg