• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

still pointing them down!

Snowplow Skip

Booting up
Skier
I am a proficient advanced ripper in my 60's who can handle most terrain and conditions. I have been a planker since I was five years old and with time off for bad snow years and other reasons have around 40 years on timber sticks. From about 13-35 I lived for the bumps, hucking helis, spreads and flips cranking my long boards through the short stick zone. The majority of those years were spent on 200's and 203's, my shorties were 190's when 180's were all the rage. Although I dabbled in freestyle (moguls, ballet, jumps) in the 70's my days of sending it are all well behind me. A perfect day to me now is on piste crushing corduroy or catching 4-6 fresh over groomed packed pow, maybe some slackcountry with a good friend who knows the area. I would not describe myself as expert, I never liked couloirs, narrow shoots, chocolate chips, cliffs, tight trees, the "no-fall-zone" or true extreme. Hiking for runs is also behind me, so no skins required. I will ski double diamonds; but usually now stick to the black and blues. The fall line and speed are my good friends. I dream of heli-skiing the Caribous, skiing the Apls in Switzerland, France and Austria. Learning to ski real powder, the deep champagne at Alta, vs. the PNW "powder." My motto is "just point them down, fast!"

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
After being on the site for a bit, this is a great introduction!
Slay every day!

Jugger

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I wonder if one can do skiing also in the Bernese Highlands? I heard of a jungfraujoch train which should bring you to ski resorts, but I never talked to anyone who was there.

TS
Snowplow Skip

Snowplow Skip

Booting up
Skier
You have a home hill?
Yes, when the weather is right (as in enough snow to ski) I ski one day a (opening in Dec until closing in Apr) at The Summit at Snoqualmie (Washington.) Since that is actually 4 1/2 areas (Summit West, Central, Silver Fir, Summit East-aka Hyak and Alpental four of which were previously all independent of one another and the SF didn't exist.), I view Alpental and Sliver Fir as my home mountains(I consider Silver Fir half an area since it has its own lots and base lodge) occasionally Summit Central. The other and my favorite is Crystal Mountain (Washington) were I also ski one or two days a week. The photo with my helmet that I use is from the top of Crystal (6872 ft) looking out at Mt Ranier (14, 411 ft-4392 m)

Sponsor

Staff online