• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Stevens Pass skiers take note...

Posaune

sliding
Skier
If you're looking to renew your season pass for next season at Stevens there is something that they are not telling you.

Next year's passes are on sale now at a discounted price until Monday (4/15). This is all on the Stevens web site.

HOWEVER
What isn't on the web site is that you can buy a pass at a significantly reduced price that isn't an Epic pass and doesn't have all of the extra gegaws that come with it. You can get a Stevens Pass only season pass but you have to either call and ask for it or you can go to the counter at T-Bar Lodge and ask. It's less expensive, but more than last year. It comes with 10 "buddy passes" that you can use for family and friends during the year. Vail has not advertised this, and there is no publication about it anywhere, you must ask or you won't hear about it.

I know this because I just bought mine. I found out because I complained at the season pass desk that I didn't want an Epic pass, just a plain old Stevens Pass pass like I always have had. Suddenly, it appeared. The gal at the desk was very helpful as soon as I mentioned it. You can't buy it online, only by phone or at the ski area.

Thought you might like to know.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I picked mine up about a month ago. $389 plus 8.6% tax $422.45 total. Epic local $699 plus tax
It is called the Select Pass

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@Posaune how much was the pass? Does it still allow participation in Powder Alliance?

I ask because I was contemplating getting an Epic local pass for the benefit of some days at Whistler and/or a couple days each at Snowbasin and Sun Valley, as much as for Stevens, since I do take a trip or two a season.

I am not sure if I’m going to instruct next season, and if I do if my current independent ski school may not be allowed to operate at Stevens next season. In which case if I do instruct next season, whether to do that at Stevens or somewhere else (Baker, Summit) which are more-or-less the same travel time for me to get to compared to Stevens.

I suppose these are questions for a different thread......

TS
Posaune

Posaune

sliding
Skier
@TomCo bought the same pass that I did and paid the same amount. The prices go up after Monday but I don't know how much.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmmm....interesting, the Select pass plus a 5 day Edge at Whistler card is more than the Epic local pass. So, if I plan to go to Whistler next season, the Epic might make sense.

I did see where the Select pass is mentioned on Stevens’ website, they do instruct you to call them. “View all passes” and “Additional options”.

Thanks for the info.

John O

Getting off the lift
Skier
I did also find this info regarding the 2018/19 select pass on their website:

Stevens Pass Access is Restricted: 12/15-16; 12/22-23; 12/26-31; 1/5-6; 1/12-13; 1/19-21; 1/26-27; 2/2-3; 2/9-10; 2/16-18; 2/23-24; 3/2-3; 3/9-10.

So it looks like the select pass is a weekday only pass during the main part of the season, but includes weekend access at the start and end. And it's also blacked out during the Xmas-New Years week as well. Found that information here: https://stevenspass.snow.com/plan-your-trip/lift-access/select-pass.aspx

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
It is nice to see this info as I think many are not aware of it. My wife and I always bought the Select Pass. The military program at Stevens is poor and of no use to us. We bought the Epic Military Veterans Passes for $529 each (she is classified as a dependent and gets the same price). It is unrestricted and good at Whistler. The Stevens Select Pass at $389 plus tax is a restricted pass and a very good deal for most. We paid $300 each plus tax last year. For our situation and wanting to Ski Whistler the Epic Military Veterans Pass is a better deal. We went to Whistler twice this season as it is under a 3-1/2 hour from where we live.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
If you're looking to renew your season pass for next season at Stevens there is something that they are not telling you.

Next year's passes are on sale now at a discounted price until Monday (4/15). This is all on the Stevens web site.

HOWEVER
What isn't on the web site is that you can buy a pass at a significantly reduced price that isn't an Epic pass and doesn't have all of the extra gegaws that come with it. You can get a Stevens Pass only season pass but you have to either call and ask for it or you can go to the counter at T-Bar Lodge and ask. It's less expensive, but more than last year. It comes with 10 "buddy passes" that you can use for family and friends during the year. Vail has not advertised this, and there is no publication about it anywhere, you must ask or you won't hear about it.

I know this because I just bought mine. I found out because I complained at the season pass desk that I didn't want an Epic pass, just a plain old Stevens Pass pass like I always have had. Suddenly, it appeared. The gal at the desk was very helpful as soon as I mentioned it. You can't buy it online, only by phone or at the ski area.

Thought you might like to know.
Thanks for the great info. I rode the lift with a person who complained that they got rid of the Select pass. He was pissed he had to buy an Epic Pass. I bet if he sees this he will not be real happy. Poor customer service in regards to making the public aware that this is for sale.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
I did also find this info regarding the 2018/19 select pass on their website:

So it looks like the select pass is a weekday only pass during the main part of the season, but includes weekend access at the start and end. And it's also blacked out during the Xmas-New Years week as well. Found that information here: https://stevenspass.snow.com/plan-your-trip/lift-access/select-pass.aspx
This is a good deal for most who will not go there on the Weekends due to lack of parking. It worked for my wife and for years. Epic Military Veterans is now a better deal for us as we can drive to Whistler (that is included) in less than 3-1/2 hours. The pass is also unrestricted although it does include a few less ski areas (that are unimportant to us) than the regular Epic Pass

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January