• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
The Steelers defense is something special. They were the liability in recent years now they save games. The run game looked in much better in synch. Duck did well. The Bills up next for fight for the top wildcard spot. Patriots sinking, Raven's rising. It's going to be a fun run to the finish.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Is it wrong to admit that I won't mind if the Ravens beat the Pats and are AFC Champions. Lamar Jackson seems somewhat likable.

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
Is it wrong? I'm more excited to see the Patriots tank than the Steelers soar. I've watched a good number of games (thank you NFL Bite) and really like the make up of this team, but realistically is Duck going to lead us to #7? All I can thinks is "as long as it's not the stupid Patriots."

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
Quack and Gold, baby!!!

Should be a good game against the Bills. Hopefully the offense can be a bit better with Ju Ju and Conner back!

I have no problem rooting for the Ravens if they play the Cheaters. As much as we, as a fan base, dislike them, I've always had some respect for them. And as Erik said above, Lamar Jackson seems like a likeable guy.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
I just realized yesterday that if we win on Sunday we are helping the Patriots! Oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do. That's great that we will have JuJu and Conner back!

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
OK, you guys can all breathe now. Hell of a game. Too bad we couldn't win it.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
The Duck has come down to earth. He faced a real good defense. Now, do you go with Hodges or back to Mason? We got to win both games to make the playoffs.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
Hodges. It would be nice to see him play with Juju and all the other weapons.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Steelers and Jets tomorrow. The Duck will be starting QB, JuJu is back as is TE McDonald. Both should help the passing game. I hope so because the Jets are the #2 Rushing defense in the league. My confidence in the Steelers' Offense is low, especially after last week. Hodges showed a weak arm on several plays, more than a few were off the mark and not just the ones that were intercepted. He has got to do better. After a blistering start, DB Fitzpatrick has been quiet but TJ Watt has been bringing it and earned a Pro Bowl start. The D has got to have another monster game.

Oh, someone told me that a previous best in the league running back plays for the Jets. Le'veon is not having a great year. I hope the motivation to beat his old team falls flat.

If the Steelers win out then they are in the playoffs. If they lose tomorrow then all the zany tiebreakers come into play if they beat the Ravens on the final game. Regardless, it has been a good season for a team as battered as the Steelers have been. After Ben went down I never expected them to be holding down a wildcard spot at all let alone this late in the season. I hear talk that Tomlin should get a coach of the year nomination and if the Steelers make the playoff, maybe he will get a nomination. What say you @Coach13 ?

Are there any Steelers fans surprised the Patriots were up to their old trick again? Oh, I know, I know. That video crew was from the marketing department and they weren't filming the other team's bench and the coaching staff had nothing to do with it and etc. I think they probably were doing exactly that but I wouldn't think so if they were filming any team other than the Bungles. :ogbiggrin:

The really good news is that Laurel Mountain opened for the season today. :yahoo:

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Steelers and Jets tomorrow. The Duck will be starting QB, JuJu is back as is TE McDonald. Both should help the passing game. I hope so because the Jets are the #2 Rushing defense in the league. My confidence in the Steelers' Offense is low, especially after last week. Hodges showed a weak arm on several plays, more than a few were off the mark and not just the ones that were intercepted. He has got to do better. After a blistering start, DB Fitzpatrick has been quiet but TJ Watt has been bringing it and earned a Pro Bowl start. The D has got to have another monster game.

Oh, someone told me that a previous best in the league running back plays for the Jets. Le'veon is not having a great year. I hope the motivation to beat his old team falls flat.

If the Steelers win out then they are in the playoffs. If they lose tomorrow then all the zany tiebreakers come into play if they beat the Ravens on the final game. Regardless, it has been a good season for a team as battered as the Steelers have been. After Ben went down I never expected them to be holding down a wildcard spot at all let alone this late in the season. I hear talk that Tomlin should get a coach of the year nomination and if the Steelers make the playoff, maybe he will get a nomination. What say you @Coach13 ?

Are there any Steelers fans surprised the Patriots were up to their old trick again? Oh, I know, I know. That video crew was from the marketing department and they weren't filming the other team's bench and the coaching staff had nothing to do with it and etc. I think they probably were doing exactly that but I wouldn't think so if they were filming any team other than the Bungles. :ogbiggrin:

The really good news is that Laurel Mountain opened for the season today. :yahoo:

I was just telling my brother before last week’s loss that this may be Tomlin’s best year from the standpoint of holding things together and making the most of things, given all they’ve dealt with this season. Who knows what happens with the coach of the year award. They get to the 2nd round of the playoffs though and it’s his.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier

We can forget about the coach of year talk.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
It looks like an 8 and 8 season. The only hope now is for the Ravens to not play their #1s and for Duck not to kill us again and I think the Titans have got to lose. I feel for Hodges. It was such a feel-good story but he just doesn't have the arm.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
It's great weather for ducks here and in Baltimore but I have no hope that Duck can lead the Steelers to the post-season even if the Steelers manage to win. The Texans must win in addition to the Steelers victory. Texans have little incentive and the Titans must win to get that 6th seed.

The weather also explains why I'm here talking about football. We've had temperature inversions since Christmas and now steady rain. No overnights below freezing have stopped the expansion of terrain and now rain threatens what is left. Maybe it's time to use that Ikon pass.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Oh-and-three finish with the team’s playoff status under self-control. I’ll wait for coherent explanations as to how Tomlin is a capable coach.

Don’t say “injuries” either; last season wasn’t exactly a rousing success either. What’s going to happen in the not-too-distant future when Ben retires?

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Oh-and-three finish with the team’s playoff status under self-control. I’ll wait for coherent explanations as to how Tomlin is a capable coach.

Don’t say “injuries” either; last season wasn’t exactly a rousing success either. What’s going to happen in the not-too-distant future when Ben retires?

As I’ve said before, in the NFL there’s a small margin between being a good and bad team, and it doesn’t take much to go from one to the other. The Steelers are definitely a team in transition right now and need to start planning for life after Ben. I hope they don’t allow themselves to be caught by surprise like the Colts did with Luck walking away right before next season.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
This last season we are looking at what life could be like after Ben. He is really the offensive coach on the field. He reads the defense, changes the plays, runs the no huddle. He and Pouncey make the blocking adjustments. This offense was built for Ben. My concern is the O line. Is it Munchak's departure or are they getting too old or is it playing in front of an undrafted rookie that can't read the defense or make all the throws? Ben says he is ahead of schedule with his rehab but will he have the protection that he needs when he returns?

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
In the meantime, Go Ravens? I think I'll be pulling for the Ravens, Chiefs and the 9ers for the rest of the year.

'Twas a fun season, thanks Steelers.

Sponsor