• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
A folk hero is born. All hail the Duck Dynasty. If this game is the beginning of a dynasty then it will again be built on Defense. Devin Bush made great plays early and the pass rush caught Rivers off balance. The D defended the early lead and Duck's offense worked the clock and moved the ball. Kudos to Connor and Benny Snell for working the ground game. The O took advantage of the great field position the D delivered. Pretty good statement game. Tied for second. There is life in the AFC North.

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
Duck Dynasty.jpg

Gotta find one of these on our next trip to the 'burgh. It was good to see real Steeler football again.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Connor had an MRI but no word yet on the extent of his injury. Snell too with a knee injury but Jaylen Samuels is ready to go. I really thought he Steelers could not come back from being down 14. The Steelers did come back against a really bad team. The Colts will be a much better gauge. We have a short week of hope. Sunday will tell the tale.

Edit: The latest news report on Connor says the injury is not serious but will limit him in practice. Probably a decision will not be made until Friday.

Last edited:

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Connor had an MRI but no word yet on the extent of his injury. Snell too with a knee injury but Jaylen Samuels is ready to go. I really thought he Steelers could not come back from being down 14. The Steelers did come back against a really bad team. The Colts will be a much better gauge. We have a short week of hope. Sunday will tell the tale.

Edit: The latest news report on Connor says the injury is not serious but will limit him in practice. Probably a decision will not be made until Friday.

Good news on Conner. I know the Dolphins are not a very good team but the Steelers did a good job getting back into it and then taking the win. At the end of the day you can only beat who you are playing and each week in the NFL stands on it’s own. They do need to start faster and play better against the Colts.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I'm expecting every game to be a tough game. When is the Luke vs. Darth game? You know, 9ers vs. Pats. I'd like to see that one.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Well that was a close one. The refs really wanted to give that one to the Colts!

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well that was a close one. The refs really wanted to give that one to the Colts!

NFL officiating is awful. Each game seems to have multiple decisive and controversial calls these days. Samuel’s fumble helped heighten the suspense and JuJu didn’t do them any favors with at least 2 balls going thru his hands with 1 ending up as a interception.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
It is amazing how they still can't get it right even with a TV replay review. Bad calls went both ways although the pass interference that went against the Steelers to set up that potential winning FG was the classic example of refs determining the outcome of a game. There was much more handsy stuff going on between defenders and receivers all game long that went uncalled. Seems like the refs are getting to be like the NHL were one bad call draws another equally bad "even up" call. A bad snap with laces turned toward the kicker is the only reason the Steelers are now 4 and 4.

Lack of a real running game and the over reliance of dump-off passes to the RB is a real concern. I still can't figure out if it is the RBs or the line. Connor could be out for the next game. Mason sure stood strong in the pocket. Now only if he could find his receivers and get it out quicker.

All those yinzers that were complaining about trading away next year's first round draft pick, Fitzpatrick trade sure looks good now. He has been the best first round pick the Steelers have had in a long time. Jury still out on Bush. Bud Dupree is finally coming into his own but this is his option year and will probably sign elsewhere next year but dropping Moncrief has already freed some cap room. Really though, Watt on the other side surely must make Dupree better.

Leave it to the Patriots to choke when winning could help the Steelers.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Jury still out on Bush.

Of course it is, as he's a rookie. But so far he looks like a good pick. I heard one radio commentator say that he's got Bush second in Defensive ROY behind Nick Bossa (who looks good and is getting hype, so will almost certainly win it).

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
To use the sportswriters' cliche lead in... If the playoffs were held today the Steelers would be the sixth seed. Alas, the playoffs are not today but who would have thought that the Steelers would be in the hunt by mid-season. I'm so tempted to wonder what this season would look like if Ben were QB with the Defense being what it is now. Wow, what a transformation from Defenses of recent past that couldn't get off the field when they had the other team's offense at 3rd and a ton. It has been a long time since we've seen such a total shut down defense. There are reflections in fan's eyes of Polamalu in Fitzpatrick's play. The Steelers still can't run the ball. The offense shot itself with turnovers and dropped passes but Rudolph does just enough to win. Maybe finding his old teammate, Washington, the way he did today portends better days. Look out, the Browns won one today and the Steelers head up to the Mistake On The Lake this Thursday night. I don't think it's a gimmie.

Last edited:

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Cleveland has the players so it will be a game unless the Steelers offense really steps it up. The Browns aren’t the worst team out there for sure but definitely the most disappointing given their talent (and I’m not talking Mayfield). They have a coach who is way in over his head and a 1 look wonder for a QB who are holding them back.

Sponsor

Staff online