• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
I thought that Brady, the cell phone slayer, was going to rip the Stillers D. What a nice surprise to see the D finish a game. No cake walk to the playoff. Saints up next. Hope the Chargers thump the Ravens. Would love to beat the Saints in N.O.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Pats fan. Season ticket holder for 35 years.

They deserved to lose that one. Congrats to the Steelers.

Brady, for whatever reason, looks like a shadow of himself. Yep, he may have a knee or lower leg issue that affects his throwing, but his best asset has been his mental strength, his ability to get others to raise their game, and his complete lack of errors. That was then. This is now. He looks all of 41. And to be honest, he just seems like a much stranger person. I hear many saying it's the influence of Giselle. I am going o snap if I hear him talking about how he stays more hydrated, etc. Pretend it is 10 years ago and learn to throw the ball away. Don't force throws you can't make, don't take dumb sacks. He just looks very mediocre. Sad.

If you hate the Patriots, I get that this is fun.

And Mr. Gronkowski is just not the same, either. I won't get into the speculation as to his injuries and it doesn't matter. He had physical problems when he was drafted. That is why they were able to draft him. Today, he has lost more than a step. He can't elevate to the ball as he used to. He seems like he can be defended one on one, and shut right down two one one. Time ago NO linebacker could defend him. Now? He is a very old and beat up 29.

They just look old in a lot of key positions, like their time has passed. Bound to happen at some point. And of course this will fuel the local fire about the big blow up over Bellichick wanting to trade and move Brady, to be able to sign Jimmy G for the future. And Bob and Jonathan Kraft insisting that that keep their boy Tom, who was all good to play to 45. Well, at 41 he looks a LOT worse than he did a year ago, when he had one of his MVP caliber seasons. He looks OLD, and now he looks demoralized. He looked like he was ready to cry.

We won't get into the defense. They are "adequate." The Pats defense did not lose the game.

Nice win for the whole Steelers organization: Tomlin, Big Ben.....the whole roster.

Not looking for a repeat of this in the playoffs, if that were to work out. Actually, I'm assuming that the Pats will be one and done. They suck on the road. SUCK. And I am thinking they will open on the road.

BTW, the "Cheatriots" shit is pretty old. Everybody in the league looks for every advantage, and in effects cheats. So does every MLB, NBA and NHL team. It's big business. Thinking the Patriots did ANYTHING that really matter is pretty funny. It did end that fat piece of crap Mangini's career, though.

Go Steelers. Actually my new favorites are the Browns.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yeah, Father Time is undefeated. Brady isn’t toast yet but you can see age creeping in.
I don’t think it’s Gisselle that is in his head, I think it is his snake oil salesman fitness guru. That guy is a real piece of work.

I think Gronk will retire after this year. His place in the HOF is guaranteed.

James

Out There
Instructor
I only saw a bit but not sure I've seen so many bad passes by Brady. A few years ago on that last drive he would have hit someone in the endzone on one of those four tries.

Muleski

Inactive
A lot of talk that his left leg/ knee has a problem and that he can’t plant his lead foot the right way when the throws. Or can’t for a full game. And as a result can’t use his hips.

A friend who’s a pretty well known sports doc has told me that it’s hard to administer pain meds that will work for an entire game, for that “potential” injury. So you basically pick one half, or the other. I thought that was odd, until he mentioned that there are times, in the same game, when he has deadly accuracy and zip on the ball and others when he absolutely does NOT.

Dunno. Playing at his level at 41 has to be hard. And incrementally harder from her on out. The trainer is “unique,” no question an a cause of a lot of friction.

Gronk was just incredible not long ago. Sad to see him hobbled and struggling. Edelman shows great play, and not so great. So do a lot of their older guys on both sides of the ball.

We’ll see. Kids in the Boston area have NO clue how unusual it is to have teams that have recently won championships in every major pro sport. My 14 year old nephew doesn’t get it!

My kids, either side of 30 and living outside of New England do get it. Been quite a run.

I look forward to a lot of Mahomes, Baker and the young guns!

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
On a different note, Kraft and Edelman honor the victims of the Tree of Life shootings. Edelman with his cleats and Kraft with a visit to the synagogue. Class act, both.

Back to football. Yes we are seeing the beginning of the end of the Brady, Brees, Rivers, Manning, Roethlisberger era. Mahomes is just crazy. What a rookie season! No doubt, KC is the team to beat in the AFC.

Muleski

Inactive
It’s Mahomes second season. Andy Reid knows how to develop a QB, and let Mahomes absorb, observe and learn before handing him the team. Looks to have been a masterful move. The kid is amazing. Watching him warm up before the Pats game was incredible. Great.

And Baker Mayfield? Think the kid is a leader? His team loves to play for the guy. And I love watching it.

Yep, sure seems like a changing of the guard. These guys also have wheels. Think we’re going to see OC’s having a lot of fun!

I hope that the Pats have a plan for their next franchise QB. Tom Brady looked old today. And the supposed to be next franchise QB is on IR in San Francisco. Ugly.

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
Shocking to see the Pats get called for so many penalties...while not a fan of the team, I always admired their discipline. I think I saw a stat yesterday showing they had 14 called yesterday, the most in a game since 2014. When I think of sloppy play, I don't think of the Pats.

Good to see our boys march down the field, score 7 in their first possession, and play like they wanted to win. Nervous about next week, so I'll enjoy this W another day or two!

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Yes, Brady is old and can't play anymore, Gronk is all banged up and Edelman is choking on his beard, I get it. I just hope that the Steelers know this. I've seen this team high on the euphoria of winning then just choking on their next opportunity. Now that they finally defeated their arch nemesis the fuel for overconfidence is stoking the city. Perhaps facing the best of the NFC and with their playoffs hopes on the line, the Steelers stay focused.

As for expectations from fans living with winning so much, I get that too. I've watched this organization rise from the NFL doormat to an organization that has provided more to this city then 6 Lombardi's. I've watched as a fan base that once mobbed the airport and lined the highway to downtown in the wee hours, cheering their team for the noble effort after their team lost a playoff game to a fan base so jaded that anything less than perfection and a deep playoff run, hell, anything less than a Super Bowl is cause for ridicule of coaches and organization and despair over the prospect of an 8 and 8 season which last time it happen I think we got Ben in the draft.

This is my opinion of the Brady Bunch. I would not be at all surprised to see them hoisting the Lombardi this season. Football is like that.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
What a disappointment, 2 fumbles killed us in an otherwise excellent effort. Now we must rely on the Browns to beat the Ravens and we have to beat the Bengals. Tomlin's call to go for it on 4th was gutsy. I didn't see it coming. I thought that they would punt and give Brees a long field for a TD.

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
Creative officiating on those early PI calls didn’t help us either. Tough loss but good to see us play solid 4 quarters. Feel bad for JuJu.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
The pass interference calls were BS, but I can't blame the officials for (probably) missing the playoffs... If Pittsburgh had beaten either the Browns or the Raiders or the Chargers or the Broncos or... i.e., if they actually showed up ready to play every week and we weren't actually surprised in the games where they give a goddamn,then they wouldn't be in this position. Again.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
The Steelers just didn't make the plays and made too many mistakes. The boo birds in town are screaming for Tomlin's head but a lot of mistake made by too many stars, Interception, fumbles and dropped interception galore. Players have to execute.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Gotta take care of the Bengals too. They say the Stillers can squeak with a Colts/Titans tie. If only Boswell had made a few more extra points and field goals! Speaking of which, Boswell has been placed on the injured reserve list and another place kicker was signed.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I've been wondering if he's on injured reserve, or "injured reserve" (i.e. cut for all intents and purposes, but allowed to finish getting paid for the season)

Sponsor

Staff online