• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
rz1POa3.png

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Apparently Le'veon Bell is down to 41 minutes to report if he wants to play at all this season.

Personally, I'm of the "don't let the door hit your ass" mindset.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve never really been in a position that would allow me to consider sacrificing $14.5 MILLION, but damn...

I can’t imagine any team wanting to pay big bucks to someone who hasn’t played in well over a year.

I can completely imagine it. The NFL owners, collectively, are not well known for their restraint or thoughtfulness when it comes to free agent signings.

That said, the article you posted says that the Steelers could franchise tag him again... I don't think they should, but it would be interesting if they did.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
I’ve never really been in a position that would allow me to consider sacrificing $14.5 MILLION, but damn...

I can’t imagine any team wanting to pay big bucks to someone who hasn’t played in well over a year.

If I could make his single game pay, that would really boost my retirement income!

I can completely imagine it. The NFL owners, collectively, are not well known for their restraint or thoughtfulness when it comes to free agent signings.

That said, the article you posted says that the Steelers could franchise tag him again... I don't think they should, but it would be interesting if they did.

The Steelers can also put the transition tag on him which would allow them to match another team's offer or get compensatory draft picks. I'm not sure how that works but the transition tag might be used. If Bell went free agent the Steelers would only get a 3rd round pick at the end of the round.

Edit, Correction, transition tag allows Steelers to match other offers, no compensatory draft picks if Steelers don't match.

Last edited:

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
So I missed the first 55 minutes of the game; stopped at a bar on the way home to grab a bite to eat and watch a bit of football. They had the Steelers game on. I was aghast to see that we were down 16-6.

But then Pittsburgh suddenly started to roll, and, well, you know how it ends.

I'm expecting some sort of game check from the Steelers here. I start watching, they start rolling. Correlation, causation, all that.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I think that was about the time I realized that the cat had knocked over my Antonio Brown statue. I stood him back up and put on my Heath Miller jersey. You are welcome.

Glad to get away with a narrow escape!

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Eh. They had like 500 yes of Offense, the Conner touchback was just one of those things. Ben did hurt us, but he helped us more than he hurt us. I don't feel bad about that game, the team looked great IMHO, you just can't win 'em all.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yeah, I feel they lost that game more than DEN won it of that makes sense. Grimble and Conner's fumbles were huge. Ben was fine I thought, if not pretty good. Couple of big drops in there too from McDonald and Washington.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid