• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
So... um, are we tied for last now? With the Browns?!?

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Well, that wasn't fun at all. It is one thing to lose a well played game but that was miserable. The defense did an ok job of bending but not breaking, field goal and TD due to offense turn over but big pass plays and decent runs allowed the rest. I think there are 7 starters on defense that are #1 and #2 draft picks and that doesn't include Jarvis Jones, first round linebacker bust who is no longer in the league. I don't think Ryan Shazier could even make a difference. Ben and Brown appeared to be on different pages, Conner had no room to run. This team is a mess. I think we move up in the draft this year. I'm happy that hockey season begins this week.

Edit to say props to the Ravens D.

Last edited:

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It's been a strange season all around. Survivor pool participants are dropping like flies. Dolphins are ahead of the Patriots lol.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
Their defense had better continue to improve but in this new, can't tackle the QB, can't hit the receiver, pass happy NFL, all defenses look vulnerable. Steelers first round defense picks have got to do better. CB Artie still got burned and second rounder Sean Davis is still adjusting to free safety. Pass rushers couldn't get to Fitz in the second half. Hey, we won one. The Ravens are up next week, always a fun game.

Uncle Louie and I went to the Ravens game...it was the Ravens' game as the Steelers just didn't show up second half. Bad calls and non-calls didn't help, but the Steelers beat themselves.

Tomlin's gotta go.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
Yeah, that was nice to see. And the Steelers thumped the Falcons... and are certain to beat both the Browns and Ravens in the rematches.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
That was a really bad Falcon's defense but the Steelers defense looked much better. Maybe they're starting to jell. They got to keep up QB pressure. Ben and AB hooked up on a big play but also took points off the board when Ben tried to bloop one to AB in the endzone. There are still a lot of questions.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
That was a really bad Falcon's defense but the Steelers defense looked much better. Maybe they're starting to jell. They got to keep up QB pressure. Ben and AB hooked up on a big play but also took points off the board when Ben tried to bloop one to AB in the endzone. There are still a lot of questions.

When I was growing up my Dad taught me how to play tennis. Whenever I got a shot "right" (i.e., serve down the T, backhand down the line, whatever) and I'd celebrate in some fashion, my Dad's response was invariably the same: "Good. Now, do it again".

Let's see what happens next week before anybody starts getting excited.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
:roflmao:

It would be nice for Bell to come back and have a couple of great games so that they can get something for him in a trade.

Great comeback win today, btw! :golfclap:

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Ben and AB had some help from a non-call on the winning TD. Bungles aren't so much this season.

Edit: Upon further review, after watching the replay and analysis from the Sunday Night Football halftime talking heads, the non-call was right. The d-back made first contact with the receiver on the line of scrimmage. The receiver could be viewed as trying to get to his route as the d-back made legal "chuck" within 5 yards of the LOS. Steelers win clean.

Last edited:

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
How do you like it now?!?!

...though I am not excited. Beating the Bungles is expected.

Well, I was out hiking so I only saw the last few minutes of the game. i.e., the Bengals marched right down the field for a go-ahead touchdown . By the time they reached midfield, my only question was how much time the Bengals would leave on the clock after they scored. When it's obvious that you're going to score, why are you leaving 70, 80 seconds on the clock?

And then Pittsburgh did the same, although they were helped by a timely defensive holding call.

Color me not impressed.

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
Color me not impressed.

Fair enough. Sounds like the Pats game. At this point I get more excited about the Patriots losing than the Steelers winning.

I really wish I could quit the NFL, but it seems to be in my blood. Perhaps the lifts will turn soon and I'll have a distraction. ...but then there's this:
wp-1453044566506.jpeg

Sponsor