• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Unless you're the Giants.
Let me clarify. A team should never take a running back high in the draft. It happens, but the marginal cost is not worth it - it's way too easy to get 80 or 90 percent of the production much cheaper. Even high draft picks that turn out to be GREAT running backs aren't worth it. (And even then, they may only be great for a short time - Todd Gurley, and Leveon Bell come to mind recently.)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm guessing they pick a speedy wide receiver.

1587775390888.png

chip inderhol

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Let me clarify. A team should never take a running back high in the draft. It happens, but the marginal cost is not worth it - it's way too easy to get 80 or 90 percent of the production much cheaper. Even high draft picks that turn out to be GREAT running backs aren't worth it. (And even then, they may only be great for a short time - Todd Gurley, and Leveon Bell come to mind recently.)
I think I understand what you are saying, but, a great rb can be a huge help to an offense. He can make the line better, change coverages and protect the all-important qb on blitzes. The Steelers are not nearly as dynamic an offense with Conner instead of Bell. You can (and should) draft them, you just can't give them that 2nd contract. 10 or 12 million is too much of a cap hit. I would plan on taking a stud every 4 years and then let them walk.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Attention western PA expatriates and other citizens of Steelers Nation. Yesterday Big Ben and da Stillers released a 38 second video showing Ben throwing to teammates with Ju Ju proclaiming that Ben is back. The video showed Ben throwing the ball and teammates catching passes however they are tightly edited so you see Ben throw then a cut to the catch. No indication of the length or the arc of the throw. The video is hosted on Ben's twitter account and can be found here:
twitter.com/_BigBen7/status/1262427467907727365?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
In other news, the most effective COVID19 mask is now available.
1589931674057.png

Wear this and you're guaranteed not to catch anything!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
All I can say is, "Carolina Panthers".
Touche'! Definitely gotta jump ship back to the Cowboys until Carolina gets their spit together. Dallas has a lot of my Sooners playing there so will be pulling for them in spite of Jones.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
Wait a minute! What are you guys talking about? Big Ben starting, Mason is the back-up with Josh Dobbs as the #3 and all are on the 53-man roster. Duck is signed to the practice squad. Did I miss something?

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I was sure I read the other day that they had released Mason. I'd be glad to be wrong about that.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Mason is still listed on the roster, but who knows. There are a lot of changes at the bottom of these rosters at the end of training and in the beginning of season. I too hope he sticks there. Great kid and great family.

Sponsor

Staff online