• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
I already made my prediction after last week's debacle. Based solely on the Steelers play to date and not yet having watched the Bengals play I think the Steelers will lose this one. All the feel good speculation about an improved D has so far not materialized. The O-line can't block or Connor can't hit what holes there have been. Sportswriters here have all been asking why Jaylen Samuels was not used in the running game based mostly on the one big game he had against NE last year. I don't think that would make a difference. The Steelers have lost the one player they could not afford to lose, Roethlisberger, but this season they sucked even when he was healthy. The whole offense is based on Ben's abilities and the Offensive Coordinator is Ben's guy plus we have a new tight end that has been with the team for 1 week. This is a team without an identity. I hope I'm wrong but the Steelers have to prove me wrong on the field.

Maybe the rivalry and this being an AFC North game will bring out the best in this team.

The good news is that if they do win they will be 1 game out of first place. That is how bad this division is.

Last edited:

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Now if we could play only the Bengals for the next 12 games... Speaking of 12 games, Vontaze Burfict, former hitman for the Bungles, has been suspended for the rest of the season for doing what he does best. Remember when he knocked out AB with a vicious headshot in a Wildcard game? Then Joey Porter, then a Steelers coach, ran onto the field to check on AB and suckered Pacman Jones into another personal foul that set up the Steelers winning field goal? AB was lost with a concussion for the rest of the playoffs.

Anyways, the Steelers schedule looks easier going forward so there is a path to the playoff. I don't know how long the Steelers can thrive on the wildcat and passes behind the line. They still couldn't pick up a 4th and 1/2. QB sneak under Pouncy's legs or shoulder on his butt and fall forward instead of handing off several yards behind the line, Randy? I would still like to see Rudolph unfettered a little more. At least once he didn't see JuJu wide open across the middle after he was flushed out of the pocket. Where is that preseason chemistry he had with former Oklahoma State teammate James Washington?

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm telling you guys, Mason is taking us to the playoffs this year. We might be 8-8 or something, but we are going. We will probably get spanked by the Pats in Foxboro coming off a bye, but we will be there.

This week will tell us a lot about the Steelers and their playoff prospects. Ravens has lost 2 straight and their defense has been very shaky especially in the secondary. Their offense has been good but certainly the last 2 weeks has taken a sharp step backwards from their 1st 2 games. If the Steelers defense continues to play decent and make Jackson make throws down the field and the offense continues to get better, I like their chance to beat the Ravens. Especially if the Steelers can make some plays down the field to test those defensive backs.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
The key to the Steelers' success today will be the defense's ability to stop the run, pressure and contain Jackson while also maintaining coverage. Rudolph has managed the game well and must continue to minimize mistakes but he must find his comfort zone and stretch the field to open up the running game. I state the obvious.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The key to the Steelers' success today will be the defense's ability to stop the run, pressure and contain Jackson while also maintaining coverage. Rudolph has managed the game well and must continue to minimize mistakes but he must find his comfort zone and stretch the field to open up the running game. I state the obvious.

Well said

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Well, it certainly wasn't boring. Steelers could have won another one except for a critical fumble. Mason is out with a concussion. How long is not yet known. Hodges looked pretty sharp for an undrafted free agent appearing in his first NFL game. I thought the Steelers would have made room for him on their practice squad after he was cut after training camp. The Defense did a good job. I hate the wildcat and it was quickly abandoned after an interception then a loss on a run attempt. This is going to be an interesting season.

Last edited:

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
You know, the great thing about football is every game counts..every down counts..every penalty counts... There's very little fluff. You know, hockey..82 games..Leafs are still going through guys trying to find out who the 3rd and 4th line guys are going to be. Football? One pass interference means so much. One turnover. I love it. And yeah, good teams have to win the games they should be winning..there are no gimmes and freebies. Every game counts.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Hodges, Hodges he's our man! If Mason can't do it.... maybe Hodges can?

I don't know about you guys, but I think Mason will be missing a few games.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hodges, Hodges he's our man! If Mason can't do it.... maybe Hodges can?

I don't know about you guys, but I think Mason will be missing a few games.

I agree that he will miss at few and if he’s their future they should be careful with him. He’ll be anxious to get back now that he’s getting his chance to run the show, but there is no reason to rush him back. That was a brutal hit he took.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Hodges is our man for now. Mason will be back when he is ready. The Steelers need to find out if Rudolph will be their man of the future. I'm not going to write off the season. What I mean is I'll still watch but the postseason looks impossible especially if the game plan is too conservative. When they ditched the wildcat and let Mason play, the O played much better. What are the chances that will happen now with their 3rd string quarterback and a washed up 1st rounder who doesn't know the playbook yet?

Anyone care to comment on this game's officiating? I usually don't but this game had so many calls that hurt/benefitted both teams it was ridiculous.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The officiating in the NFL is the worst in all of sports, pro or college. It seems that every game ends up with many questionable calls. There isn’t always a call that’s a game changer, but they add up, stop or extend drives, etc and definitely affect the flow of the game. If they could just clean up the pass interference and offensive and defensive holding calls by being more consistent just in these areas it would be a great step forward imo.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January