• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Makes no sense, butI haven’t followed this. He could just get his old one, but not so old, and pass? Instead he picked a different model than his old one, and failed? One of these party's is not making sense.
Yeah, I dunno the ins and outs..there's a list, he chose a helmet not on the list..and made it all about him of course. Brady didn't like the choices but said, well, we're required to wear them and I'll make the best of it. The league lost a lot of money in the concussion lawsuit, they have to appear to be doing something.. It's just really more about Brown, of all people, being a diva and throwing a fit.

I heard an interesting thing..one of the hockey veterans called him the smartest guy in the room because they all hate training camp and he just found a way to avoid most of it..interesting take!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I heard an interesting thing..one of the hockey veterans called him the smartest guy in the room because they all hate training camp and he just found a way to avoid most of it..interesting take!

Folks that find creative ways to miss camp (and there are a few), are usually on a team where they know their playbook, teammates, and coaches already. AB's on a new team - new QB, coaches, etc. Not really a good time to be missing camp.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yeah, I dunno the ins and outs..there's a list, he chose a helmet not on the list..and made it all about him of course. Brady didn't like the choices but said, well, we're required to wear them and I'll make the best of it. The league lost a lot of money in the concussion lawsuit, they have to appear to be doing something.. It's just really more about Brown, of all people, being a diva and throwing a fit.

It is him making it about him for sure. There are multiple approved choices for these guys and ironically enough, much like ski boots, they all fit slightly different when fit and worn correctly. That said, if Brown is like about 90% of other NFL position players in terms of how they wear their helmets, it shouldn’t matter. Most can unstrap their helmets and lift them off easily with 1 hand and put them on the same, which tells me they are not fit correctly. As a result, most shouldn’t care which helmet they wear, weight aside.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It's all Big Ben's fault. If Ben and Tomlin were better leaders this would have never happened. LOL.

Big Ben has got to be smiling on the inside right now.

While I question the Raiders’ judgement in signing him, at least they are holding him accountable. I’m not sure that ever happened with the Steelers.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Big Ben has got to be smiling on the inside right now.

While I question the Raiders’ judgement in signing him, at least they are holding him accountable. I’m not sure that ever happened with the Steelers.

Ahh but have they? We will see. The Steelers held Brown accountable for "...nearly a decade of historic productivity..." as a Pittsburgh sportswriter said, "The Raiders might not get a single game."

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ahh but have they? We will see. The Steelers held Brown accountable for "...nearly a decade of historic productivity..." as a Pittsburgh sportswriter said, "The Raiders might not get a single game."

I have my doubts he will last a full season if they don’t pander to his ongoing BS, and that may be optimistic as to the number of games he plays.

TS
Erik Timmerman

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I think if the Raiders suspend him now they don't have to pay anything and can even get their signing bonus back. It's the only reasonable thing to do, this isn't going to get better for them.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That was fast. Good for them. It'll be interesting to see what teams are stupid enough to sign him. In the last couple days I've seen blogs saying Belichick might be able to reform AB like he did Moss and Dillon. As a Pats fan I don't want to see him even try. This guy is a nightmare.

PS. Don't hate me cause I'm a Pats fan! Not all of us are obnoxious. ogsmile

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That was fast. Good for them. It'll be interesting to see what teams are stupid enough to sign him. In the last couple days I've seen blogs saying Belichick might be able to reform AB like he did Moss and Dillon. As a Pats fan I don't want to see him even try. This guy is a nightmare.

PS. Don't hate me cause I'm a Pats fan! Not all of us are obnoxious. ogsmile

I’m just a huge football fan overall and am not crazy about any team. Like Belichick or not he can coach and runs a tight ship. If AB ends up in NE (which I doubt) he will play at a discount because the Pats don’t over pay for players and he won’t cause a 2nd distraction, because after the 1st one he would be gone. On a lot of teams it’s a question as to who leads the team. That’s not a question in NE.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
3rd & 5th round pick not a bad deal after all AB going to NE and playing on Sunday against his old team would just add to the drama and ratings of the NFL. You just can't script this comedy. We have to 4:00 to see if there are any eager takers. LOL.

Sponsor

Staff online

• dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid