• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers!

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Brown & Bell are both huge talents so the loss of both will be felt, but they will survive and get some pieces in to fill some gaps. It’s not like the Steelers won several (or any, for that matter) Super Bowls with them. As a coach I’ll assure you that both were huge distractions that should have been addressed long before now. That’s one area Tomlin bears the responsibility for and needs to improve in. From a fans perspective, wins and loses carry the day so their long term reaction is yet to be seen imo. Personally I’m anxious to see how beyond the $, Brown enjoys trying to catch passes from a subpar QB who spends most of his time running for his life behind a more than subpar O line. The only thing bigger than greed with a guy like Brown is his pride, so we will see. I give him about 1.5 years before the unhappy act starts anew.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
The number of Super Bowls won by prima donna wide receivers (Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Antonio Brown): zero.

Highlight reel catches are fun to "oooh" and "ahhhh" over on Sports Center, but that's about all they're good for.

I am surprised Pittsburgh only got a 3rd and a 5th round for AB though.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I am surprised Pittsburgh only got a 3rd and a 5th round for AB though.

I’m with you on the level of the picks, but I didn’t expect a #1 pick to be involved like some out there. I thought it’d be a 2 and a 3 or worse case a 4. Because the trade required Brown to agree to a new contract though I assumed it would be with a team that was pretty desperate, like the Raiders. Even the Bills moved on when they heard his contract demands. Hopefully before the fans start hammering the Steelers over this they remember that the team won 3 playoff games during the 6 years Brown and Bell were on the team with Big Ben. What a waste of talent.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
So, how is the Brown trade going over in Steelers Nation? From what I've read it looks like the Steelers got screwed over because Brown put them in a bad position, leverage-wise. Is he taking all the heat in the fans eyes?

53970483_2159152477486081_5290518106504953856_n.jpg

I

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Until yesterday's signing of Beckham I wasn't worried too much about the Browns. Now...

If things go well for the Browns, they now have the pieces to be very good. Look for the prima dona factor with Mayfield and Beckham to hit hard though if things don’t go as planned. They both have the tendency to show their ass when things get rocky. Either way, it’s sure to be entertaining.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I see Leveon is now a Jet. $52M over 4 years is $13M a year that by some calculations is worse then he would have gotten if he had remained with Pittsburgh:
https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburg...ets-worse-than-Steelers-2018-offer-130014231/

:rolleyes:

He screwed himself. I think he saw the leftovers of the fact that teams don’t pay huge contracts for running backs, especially ones that get suspended, hold out etc. Plus, he will play for a worse team. By the time he pays NY tax and pays 2-3x as much to live in the NY area he his Steelers paycheck will look that much better.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Same bullshit-different team. Like everyone besides apparently the Raiders didn’t see this coming.

At least at Vail they let you wear your own helmet when you work there. You're welcome for turning this thread in to a pre season helmet thread LOL

James

Out There
Instructor
He’s got a point about the helmet. Last year it was fine, now it’s not. What if he got the same helmet that was only 8 yrs old? Legal, no? Pretty ridiculous, but I guess he lost.

James

Out There
Instructor
————————
ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio reportedSaturday that the NFL recently reversed course on its promise to allow Brown to wear a Schutt AiR Advantage helmet as long as he could find one less than 10 years old. In doing so, per Florio, the league decided to require testing of Brown's new helmet, which was made in 2014 and had been certified for use by the National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE). And after recently examining it, the NFL informed Brown that his helmet failed the test.

[Why?]
Brown's original style of helmet, PFT noted, was not among 11 different models that became prohibited this season, but Brown was not permitted to wear his traditional model because it was more than 10 years old.
——————-
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...dly-fails-nfl-testing-cannot-be-worn-in-2019/

Makes no sense, butI haven’t followed this. He could just get his old one, but not so old, and pass? Instead he picked a different model than his old one, and failed? One of these party's is not making sense.