• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Steelers vs. Broncos

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I have long said that Superbowl Sunday is one of the best days to ski as the slopes and the roads are empty. In fact, when Copper used to have their Snow Day pass Superbowl Sunday was one of the guaranteed days due to the low risk of getting too crowded. The best part is that really one can ski a great day and make it down the hill in time to enjoy the game. This year I'll be in Houston so no skiing for me.
This is so true, and we definitely get home in time to whip up a batch of chili and watch the game since it's not even 15 minutes of driving for us :thumb:

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow...it's impossible to defemd a lack of integrity. Perhaps those claims are mis-inflated if one were to consider what the rest of the league has engaged in. Let's face it, a well placed spy would probably witness a whole lot of PED use amongst all the teams. I'd bet a snowblower on it.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have long said that Superbowl Sunday is one of the best days to ski as the slopes and the roads are empty. In fact, when Copper used to have their Snow Day pass Superbowl Sunday was one of the guaranteed days due to the low risk of getting too crowded. The best part is that really one can ski a great day and make it down the hill in time to enjoy the game. This year I'll be in Houston so no skiing for me.
You need a better travel agent...the game is in Santa Clara..California.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ha! Seriously though, I am fortunate that work is sending me to Houston for some meetings so I get to spend some time with my mom who was hospitalized with a very serious infection on Christmas day and is still essentially on house arrest and IV antibiotics. Sometimes, family comes before skiing. Besides, I'll be skiing at Copper the Monday and Tuesday before. :yahoo:

Reactions: nay

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow...it's impossible to defemd a lack of integrity. Perhaps those claims are mis-inflated if one were to consider what the rest of the league has engaged in. Let's face it, a well placed spy would probably witness a whole lot of PED use amongst all the teams. I'd bet a snowblower on it.
Yeah, the PED report for every team is pretty ridiculous, or has been in year's past. Not as many violations this season, or at least not as many reported on. I got a kick out the fact (no pun intended) that the Seahawks punter was drug tested multiple times after competing on American Ninja Warrior. He is a red head and is now affectionately known as the Ginja Ninja LOL.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I am not a Patrots fan, but I cannot argue with their consistent success. The Patriots will areal beat themselves, you have to go in and beat them yourself. Do they cheat? Hmmm. Do they push the rules...Oh yeah.

Oh yeah, they push the rules. Do you know of anybody in sport who does not?

Well there's a particular disdain for messing with the main equipment to alter it beyond what the rules intend. Spitballs come to mind. Weighted sleds come to mind. That said, Oakland fans defended Billy Martin as did Yankees fans every time he worked there. Cheating's fine as long as it's your team and they're getting away with, and most importantly, WINNING!

newfydog

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Brilliant!

I actually liked them (a lot) when Bledsoe played for them. As a Wazzu grad, he was righteous in my mind ;) .

Bledsoe now lives here in Bend, and coached the Summit High team, lead by his sons, to the state title.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Bledsoe now lives here in Bend, and coached the Summit High team, lead by his sons, to the state title.
He also owns a winery in Walla Walla, doesn't he?
What a great coach to have. The team must love him.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier

For sure - plus that whole DVR thing...just stay off social media. We were coming off the hill at MJ right at game start against the Seahawks and heard the huge groan erupt from Pepperoni's. Got home and hit play to see the safety snap on the first play. Figured it was bad leaving MJ, worse than could have been imagined. Always safer to plan the day around skiing :).

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
Just found this thread. Stillers could have won it, but failed to make the plays, give up 3rd and 12 on the winning drive, couldn't drive for the game winning TD as time ran out. Manning made the plays and Bronco's D did when it mattered. The Broncos have beat the Stillers in post season play more often than any other team including that crushing Tebow loss but I'm rooting for them over the Cheatriots. I know the loses against the Broncos came honestly. Go Broncos!

Sponsor

Staff online