• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Steamboat surpasses 60” for October

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
From Steamboat resort

“We surpassed 5 feet of total snowfall for the month of October last night but more impressive is our snowmaking team who braved the negative temps to lend Mother Nature a hand.”

AFE66314-B9FB-47BC-8191-B5408AD48ED8.jpeg

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
That's awesome! Is there any chance that Steamboat would open early to capitalize on their abundance of snow, or are they strict about sticking to their scheduled opening day?

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
They will stick to the program. Keep in mind that it’s still October and there’s a lot of time until any resort really gets going with more than a couple of runs. The current forecast for the next 10 days is dry with highs in the upper 30’ to low 40’s. Night time temps will Be good for snow making though.

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Hmmmm. Way too early but might have to reconsider that Telluride Spring break. How's Steamboat in 1st half of March?

Note: I've only every skied Crested Butte in CO, so I've got little to no reference. Utah, a good bit (LCC Alta-bird 99%, Park City 1%). Thanks!

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Always a guess! Mid March on tends to be crowded due to spring break. Otherwise, I would be guessing as to the weather.