• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Just kicking off the annual Stoke for the Boat! I am also throwing in @Bruuuce as a great resource for our mountain and town.

So... Please view my "unofficial Resort Guide" for information on all things Steamboat. I am happy to answer any questions,
https://www.pugski.com/threads/unofficial-guide-steamboat-springs-co.4758/

If you are looking for the powder cams to monitor snowfall, The resort hasn't turned it on yet (as of oct 14) but it can be found HERE

My guide is not intended to evaluate or suggest where you should ski. Each skier/rider is solely responsible to know their own skill level and must take complete responsibility for where they ski and that they possess the skills to safely ski on the mountain. Skiing and riding is dangerous! Consult your trail maps and/or Steamboat instructors or patrollers to understand the difficulty rating and current conditions.

If you are headed up this season and would like to meet up for turns or just grab a beer and say hello, let me know. I enjoy meeting fellow pugs. I am not some crazy expert skier and I am happy to ski with anyone (who skis in control) anywhere except on powder days that I do have minimum powder skills threshold. :).

Post up steamboat stoke pics!

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
Fabulous write-up @Ron!

One addition to the unofficial Steamboat guide (maybe it's there and I missed it) is to download the Steamboat app onto your phone before you ski. Very useful links on the app. Also..there is actually a direct link for ski patrol on the app and they answer immediately. No need to program the number into your phone. Don't ask me how I know that...

I'd also be happy to guide anyone to great runs, food and drink so don't hesitate to ask. I might even give up a few local secrets...

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
hmm, I know but I wont tell :) I still think is easier to enter the phone number in your contacts, especially for kids but hey. whatever works!

Bruuuce

Skier
Big event on the mountain today. The historic Arnold barn was relocated from the locals parking lot to the "entrance" of the ski resort. It is fantastic that this barn was saved and will be restored.

IMG_0932.jpg IMG_0934.jpg IMG_0936.jpg IMG_0941.jpg

Last edited:

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm happy that that beauty got saved. It's wonderful getting to preserve beautiful buildings of historic significance. We've done a pretty good job of this here in Boston. I'm assuming this is the barn that is featured in many of the iconic photographs of Steamboat?

I had a professor who was teaching the architecture class that I took argue that barns shouldn't be considered architecture. I don't think I agree!

Bruuuce

Skier
The barn you see in the photos is actually the Moore barn. This one was rotting in the corner of the locals parking lot until a local group started working on saving it.

Reactions: RJS

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
@Blue Streak , the pass is still available, looks as if one has to buy by Dec 11th as one must buy 48hrs in advance and it's good for 3 days ..so if good till 16th, 3 days of skiing and 48hrs makes 11th makes sense.
That’s not the pass I am talking about. The pass I am talking about was available last year for $179, and it was good for any three days during the year, not just early season.
I got it at one of the front Range events.

Brad

Booting up
Skier
They were selling steamboat 3 packs at Christy Sports in Littleton during the labor day event. 3 days for $149! They had some restrictions such as Christmas. New Year's the usual suspects etc but otherwise were good for any 3 days. Unfortunately they only sell them during that event although I do remember buying a different 3 pack last year for my brother that was about $220.

Bruuuce

Skier
Yeah, those pop up there and there throughout the season. Apparently it was available online for a while because a friend in the Midwest bought one about a month ago. Good deal considering our crazy daily price.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
just sign up for the email alerts. @Bruuuce is correct, there was one earlier this season, I am pretty sure I posted that up.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
More good news for Steamboat

..WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THIS MORNING
TO NOON MST MONDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 8 to 12
inches expected with locally higher amounts. The heaviest
accumulations will fall above 8000 feet. Winds gusting as high
as 35 mph.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Coming to Steamboat and looking for non-skiing options? We have some incredible Fat biking here, So if anyone wants to take a ride while you're here, just let me know. Bikes can be rented and you can ride on groomed trails right from downtown. No need to transport the bike

fullsizeoutput_8b2.jpeg

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
They were selling steamboat 3 packs at Christy Sports in Littleton during the labor day event. 3 days for $149! They had some restrictions such as Christmas. New Year's the usual suspects etc but otherwise were good for any 3 days. Unfortunately they only sell them during that event although I do remember buying a different 3 pack last year for my brother that was about $220.
That’s the one!
I bought mine last year at Larson’s. They have an event coming up in 2 weeks. I hope they are available then.

Sponsor