• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
yeah, ny hip cant take that heavy stuff. I see Ray later today so I hope to be ready for tomorrow. :)

I hear ya. I have a bit of a recurring back issue so today wouldn't have been an option. I'm glad I have another day to recover. This didn't happen when I was 20...

Get your days in before your hip date!

Reactions: Ron
TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
thats my plan! I do need to be a little extra careful now. but, there's no bad runs on a powder day so low angle open stuff will have to suffice. I the we need to hit the secret M-side heli run tomorrow :)

cya in lift line!

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
you could do that one with me and then you can head off into the trees :).

Bruuuce

Skier
you could do that one with me and then you can head off into the trees :).

We have a friend in this week and I expect we'll be skiing mostly low angle stuff so I check in tomorrow and see if we can meet up. Love that run!

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Just booked our hotel for the week starting February 2nd. Looking forward to being back at Steamboat after a 4 year hiatus. I hope the snow cycles stay strong. @Ron I hope you are around and able to get some turns and I can buy you a beer.

Bruuuce

Skier
Had a friend in this week that is a good beginner skier. We had three days with her and she got a groomer day, a snowy day and a real powder day. It was so fun helping her get better and watching her enjoy powder skiing for the first time. We may not have the most radical terrain out there, but we sure can have great snow. She went from being scared of so much snow to saying at the end of yesterday "I love powder'"! One more lifelong skier was born!

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
fullsizeoutput_95b.jpeg fullsizeoutput_95a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_95c.jpeg a couple of @aveski from yesterday., He rocked it. I wish I could load vid's from my iPhone. we have a couple of really deep ones. anyone know how to pull stills from a video? the last one is him in some flat but fun pow. Its actually a good reference to how deep it was

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
View attachment 63717 View attachment 63718 View attachment 63719 a couple of @aveski from yesterday., He rocked it. I wish I could load vid's from my iPhone. we have a couple of really deep ones. anyone know how to pull stills from a video? the last one is him in some flat but fun pow. Its actually a good reference to how deep it was
Why can't you just load the video's to Youtube or vimeo from your phone and and embed a link. I've done it easily on my droid.

Reactions: Ron

pjs32000

Booting up
Skier
Just stopping by to say hello and mention that I'll be skiing your fine area with a small group of friends in a couple of weeks. I stumbled across Ron's extensive and amazing guide via a search, thank you so much for that! It will come in handy since this is my first visit to Steamboat and I'm hopeful I can remember even of a fraction of it when I'm out on the slopes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some powder turns and I'm looking forward to skiing some of the epic trees that I've heard a lot about from friends that have skied there before.

As an aside, are the old Epicski posters on this site now? I think I recognize a couple of usernames but I only posted on rare occasions there, but I do miss that site when collecting info for upcoming ski trips.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
going OB without knowledge of the terrain = negligent
going OB without a working cell phone= negligent
going OB without proper equipment and supplies= negligent
Not saying he was negligent?

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
@pjs32000 yep, lots of epic folks here. Welcome! Certainly let Bruce and me know if oyu would like to make some turns.

pjs32000

Booting up
Skier
@pjs32000 yep, lots of epic folks here. Welcome! Certainly let Bruce and me know if oyu would like to make some turns.
Would love to! That said, I'm with a group of 7, so it might be hard to coordinate until our whole group gathers in Steamboat.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Getting stoked to get to Steamboat this Saturday. The long range forecast is looking fairly optimistic for snow the beginning of next week. @Ron, I will be pm'ing you some questions as well as contact info for when you get back from SIA. Think snow!

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
We are optimistic as well but it’s going to be very hard to beat the cycle we just had. :roflmao: