• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Those V92s seemed ideal for the day (and Christmas day as well, which was equally vacant), I am jonesing to try them. Gotta say, If I was a local at a place that trademarked Champagne Powder, I would be pretty happy with the Backland 107 as my fatty ski. I'll keep testing them, though, purely in the interest of collating data...
It's a tough job but somebodies got to do it

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
the temps are good! its typically zero or below around this time of year. As long as the winds aren't howling, skiing in zero isn't bad. if we had lower temps yesterday, there have been a ton more snow. it was actually grappling (sp) higher up which made for a more dense layer of about 5-6". It skied very well but it that were blower, we would have had another foot.

BTW- its snowing again. :).

This showed up in my Timehop today. Thank goodness I don’t have to work in those temps anymore.

FA18A57B-AAB3-4518-86CE-E32DF9EBDC8C.png

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
DH and I are driving over to Steamboat from WP on the 14th.
I have a women's clinic the 16th and 17th. so DH will be left to his own devices those two day.

But we hope to be
skiing together on the 15th -- if we can get over this monstrous cold we have had the last 4 days. Ugh.

Would love to finally made some turns with @Ron or at least say hello!

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be at Steamboat on 1/24 and 1/25 for the first time. If anyone wants to show me around or explore let me know. I'll probably be sucking wind as I'm driving out from the Cincy area and will only have skied Perfect North so far this season.

Reactions: Ron

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Shout out of thanks to @Ron for a great day yesterday. Nice touring of the 'Boat with @Stephen and two lovely southern gents. Also thanks to Ron for hooking me up with his folks at Steamboat Ski and Bike Kare who fixed my skis last night.

Now, it's looking like some good weather is coming in... up to 14" by tomorrow morning. Whoohoo!

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Had a blast yesterday! Snowing heavily here (across town) so you should have a great day for your clinic. I'm headed up around 9:30.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
looks like @aveski and @Jerez hit it right! This cycle is looking strong going into Saturday. 7-15" through tomorrow AM and then 4-8 Thursday night into Friday.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
looks like @aveski and @Jerez hit it right! This cycle is looking strong going into Saturday. 7-15" through tomorrow AM and then 4-8 Thursday night into Friday.
Hopefully that extends into next week. I arrive a week from today and will be skiing Thursday and Friday, 1/24 & 1/25.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Il put the order in now. Skiing with @Jerez other half now. About 3-4” and its nuking. Will def be a powder day at the boat. @aveski i was thinking you were coming in today.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
just finished a super-fun semi-pow day with @Jerez 's other half. What a great day. The mountain is empty, we lapped untracked low angle pow all day and maybe had people in line front of us once or twice. :) For just pure fun, this was one of my best days of the season. Still nuking hard and by tomorrow AM, its gonna' be deep.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Good morning! Its another Powder Day at the Boat. 15" has fallen (all fell after the close) as of 5Am and its still nuking. This dumpage falls on top of the 8" we had over the past 48 hours. Yesterday, we skied up high on untracked and broken snow so this will be the deepest day of the season. Skiing with @Jerez and crew and @Bruuuce Will try to get some pics.

https://www.steamboat.com/the-mountain/live-cams/champagne-powder-snow-cam

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Yeah, fantastic, but it sounds like Steamboat's champagne powder skied a bit more like a frozen margarita. ;)

in the AM it was granita for sure :). the temps dropped and then it skied pretty well, It wasn't the ski down in the snow blower day but it was good. Honestly, I would trather have a true Champagne blower 8" day for today but that will go a long way to keep the base in fantastic shape. BTW- its still snowing

Sponsor

Staff online