• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice for the snow, noted predictions for this Wednesday last week went from 3-6, to 1-2, then 4 and now the 12 which is a great finish for this weekend, end of year.

I hit the boat last weekend with 2 other buddies, skied Sat, Sun and Monday. Great spring skiing if planning for warming throughout the day and moving across mountain just ahead of mash. Base gathering at end of day was relaxing, group Commonheart played Saturday and quite good. Not much for mountain village evening activities. Found much of the town too closed early but none of us were disappointed. Had a good time and even though the weekend wasn't crowded, Monday was a zero wait and nearly a zero share trail except for small numbers on main connecting trails.

This was Eagles Nest looking down at 3:30, most other trails were equally vacant on the trip down to base but overall was 3 blue bird wonderful days. Eagles Nest.jpg

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
oh my ...

had to climb up on a roof to get this shot .. or I just stalked it from their web cam .....

nice end of day/closing day crowd and I can only say i was glad to have been able to hit the boat for the 3 days I did. Last Saturday was as crowded and it'd been fun to be there for closing day but ... maybe next year!

Steamboat Closing day April 14th 2019.JPG

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Steamboat's Ptarmigan Inn is getting an update ... pretty cool as i did expect it to be ripped down for another large condo.

Story even indicated this was planned in 2006 but the downturn killed it, one good thing about the downturn.

https://www.steamboatpilot.com/news...m_medium=push_notification&utm_source=browser

Stayed there a few times, was/is really right from the 80's.

Love their "Happy Hour" being stomped onto the roof, took them up on this many times!

Sponsor

Staff online